What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

My first creme after converting to classic shaving was Taylor of Old Bond Street - Avecado.

I was such a noob that I stuck the whole brush in there and swirled it around to load the brush. Practically ruined the whole batch!

TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream

I bought it almost two years ago and just dug it out. It's still good and I've had several really nice nice shaves with it since I rediscovered it. This was my 2nd software purchase.(There have been many more purchases since then!:001_rolle)

Noxzema, Gillette Super Speed I was forced to buy when I was in boot camp, been using DE ever since and now straights haven't used canned shave cream in a long time maybe 15 years

First proper shaving cream that wasn't from a can...

Penhaligon's Endymion

I was on a work trip and we were staying at the Wynn in Vegas. Somehow, the gift bags got mixed up and I ended up with all of the stuff from a "mens" bag and all of the stuff from a "womens" bag in one. So much of it just went into the suitcase to give to my wife but the spa gift certificate was USELESS. At the time, you could go for a shave and they had a bunch of mens stuff too. So I popped down, got a shave and a haircut, and ended up with a tube of the Endymion to go with a fancy cartridge razor setup. Haven't used that nasty canned gel since, and I still have the razor handle, but haven't shaved with a cartridge in years after going to DE razors.

Mühle Sandalwood that came with a full DE shaving kit (before that I only used electric). It was an OK cream, but the scent was really weak and the performance is not at all close to the price.

TOBS Sandalwood is my first, and only shaving cream at this time. However, I like it so much that it might convert me from soaps to creams.

Williams followed quickly by Palmolive Stick. Since then I have tried many creams and soaps. I now use two creams and one soap most of the time. Williams soap, Palmolive Menthol for Men, and Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender. And an occasional use of Godrej Rich lather.

Top Bottom