What's new

Which Proraso Shaving Cream?

Classic it may be, but Proraso green is certainly not the Proraso with the least scent that the OP had asked for.
Proraso is not known for subtleness, but for me the least pronounced scent is the blue, followed closely by the white, and then the red Proraso.
Indeed, the eucalyptus/menthol in the Green is pronounced. For me, it's brisk and refreshing. However, compared to the other Proraso creams, it has the least added parfum/fragrance (listed last in the LOI).
In addition, eucalyptus/menthol vapors don't tend to linger long after the shave (vs added parfum/fragrance), IME.

I've only used the red and blue so far. Can't really see myself with the green as I am not a big menthol fan. The blue for me does not have a distinct scent but rather an "air freshness" (NOT freshener) about it. It's my overall choice. The red is great, subtle enough to enjoy the shave but not leave you with a cloud of scent all day. Try a sample if you get a chance.

I erroneously mentioned that the "white" had the least amount of scent. That was a bogus statement. I should have said "blue." Blue is the mildest scented shave croap of all four colors. It's a neutral clean scent that's barely noticeable. It's perfect for sensitive skin as it has aloe and vitamin E oil in it. It's perfect for someone just starting out with DE shaving, or even cartridge shaving razors for that matter.

My teenaged son prefers it most now with his limited shaving quest.

I was reading the label on the Proraso SOAP and it says to use a brush to "turn this thick CREAM into a firm rich lather"

Is the shaving soap in a bowl really a cream?

I was reading the label on the Proraso SOAP and it says to use a brush to "turn this thick CREAM into a firm rich lather"

Is the shaving soap in a bowl really a cream?
id call it a croap. Half bar soap/half cream consistency. It's similar to Noxzema in the blue container, or like a "whipped" butter texture vs the firm bar of butter. Inverting upside down the Proraso bowls the stuff comes in won't cause it to "run" like some thin creams do, because it's thicker than that. But when you load up a brush, it develops a fantastic (to me) pillowie layer. It's really nice stuff.

Has the least, or even better, no scent?
My job lot of Red, White, Blue & Green Proraso creams arrived this week
So far I've bowl lathered the Blue and face lathered the White,
They were both fantastic to shave with, and had a slight menthol "tingle", and very subtle, neutral scents

id call it a croap. Half bar soap/half cream consistency. It's similar to Noxzema in the blue container, or like a "whipped" butter texture vs the firm bar of butter. Inverting upside down the Proraso bowls the stuff comes in won't cause it to "run" like some thin creams do, because it's thicker than that. But when you load up a brush, it develops a fantastic (to me) pillowie layer. It's really nice stuff.

Thanks. I have been using TOBS shave creams exclusively. The two Sandalwoods that I have purchased are more of a soap consistency rather than a cream yet the Eton College is most definitely a cream. It sounds like the Proraso has a similar consistency to the TOBS sandalwood. I take my wet brush and swirl it around a bit until I feel enough cream is on the brush and then lather in a bowl. Is this how I would use the Proraso Soap?

Thanks. I have been using TOBS shave creams exclusively. The two Sandalwoods that I have purchased are more of a soap consistency rather than a cream yet the Eton College is most definitely a cream. It sounds like the Proraso has a similar consistency to the TOBS sandalwood. I take my wet brush and swirl it around a bit until I feel enough cream is on the brush and then lather in a bowl. Is this how I would use the Proraso Soap?
No,. Proraso in the tub is firm to that touch and requires a bit of force to press into it while TOBS is a cream. Think hard vs whipped butter.

I've used all but the white. My favorites are definitely the blue and green. I would have to say the blue is the mildest in terms of scent, and provides the best post-shave feel for me. On the other hand sometimes I'm in the mood for the menthol kick that the green provides.

Thanks, the menthol cooling I can deal with, the scents, as long as they are neutral....and go away, I'm good.

My job lot of Red, White, Blue & Green Proraso creams arrived this week
So far I've bowl lathered the Blue and face lathered the White,
They were both fantastic to shave with, and had a slight menthol "tingle", and very subtle, neutral scents

The white Proraso is simply fascinating! It's the same consistency as toothpaste when squeezed from the tube. I squeeze a TINY bit in the center of my brush and work it in a bowl. You only have to work it in the bowl for a short time follow d by really building it up on one's face. I concur that the Blue is the mildest of the bunch, followed by white, then red and finally green. It's my favorite "big company" brand of shave creams/croaps.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It doesn't really answer your question (sorry), but it sounds like you're looking for T&H Ultimate Comfort.

Agree, there are quite a few good scentless creams but Proraso isn't one of them since all have a scent.
Agreed. If Blue is the mildest scent as suggested by a few shavers here then they all must be very fragrant. I used C.O. Bigelow version of the green years ago so I cannot recall the strength but I recently tried the blue and found it to be a little strong during the shave but it does not linger afterwards. If you liked the blue scent I think it would be a great experience as the post shave feel is good.

Top Bottom