What's new

Which Proraso Shaving Cream?

i have not tried the blue one so could not comment on that one but for light scent i would say the white. though it still has a nice scent to it. red is a sandalwood scent thats really nice and not to strong as well. green of course is a strong scent. to me green is a fresh clean scent its my fav.

I've tried them all and I think the white is probably what you'd want. A close second is the green. If you get the soap, a trick that works is to leave the cap off to help the scent dissipate (overnight in the garage for example).

The white is my favorite Proraso.

I happen to love all the scents except white. If I didn't, they would all be strongly scented enough for me to ditch them, which is what happened to my white. I would describe them all as medium scented (so subjective, I doubt that helps you at all).

If say they're all scented to about the same degree, with the sandalwood red perhaps the strongest and the only one for me that lingers post-shave. If you were inclined to try one, I'd leave red off your list.

The four colours have a scent. They are not scent free. I personally like the white and blue, and green and red..in that order of preference.

I have all four and use the blue and the green for over 90% of my shaves each month.

In my opinion the blue and white have about the same amount of scent strength, and have less scent than the green and the red.

The blue and green are my favorite scents by far. I like the red scent well enough, but it very slightly irritates my skin, the others do not. White is my least favorite scent.

I LOVE the green the most. I use the Proraso pre shave (green) first and that gives the green cream extra kick. I finish it all with alum and Osage. I feel like a York peppermint patty when I'm all done.

I'm on the green team.

The green has a refreshing scent that is derived naturally from eucalyptus and menthol. It does not have any added fragrance or cologne that I can tell so you're left with a fresh clean scent. In short, it's absolutely amazing.

I love the green one. My favorite once the temperature rises.
Shaving in summer time with green Proraso and finishing with a splash of floid Vigoroso makes every morning refreshing

I'm waiting for a job lot of Red, White, Blue and Green creams to be delivered
Meanwhile, judging by my Red, White and Green bowl soaps, which I like all 3 of.......
I think the Red has got the most subtle scent, but my favourite overall is the White, fairly subtle. neutral scent, just enough menthol for a refreshing effect, as opposed to the cooling effect of the Green

I've finally gotten my hands on the red pre-shave cream. I will combine that with the red croap. I wish Poraso would make their blue in a tub container (instead of the squeeze tub) like the green and red available options. I also wish that they'd make a blue aftershave "splash" instead of the blue "balm" they make. Either way, I love them all and the white is moving higher up the totem pole for me, possibly into 2nd place..... Too early to tell yet.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I've finally gotten my hands on the red pre-shave cream. I will combine that with the red croap. I wish Poraso would make their blue in a tub container (instead of the squeeze tub) like the green and red available options. I also wish that they'd make a blue aftershave "splash" instead of the blue "balm" they make. Either way, I love them all and the white is moving higher up the totem pole for me, possibly into 2nd place..... Too early to tell yet.
I'm in for Blue croap and splash. That would be so fantastic. Blue has a wonderful scent. It's very subtle and sophisticated, though the anise element is, I think, a tad polarizing. I love it (and I'm not big on black licorice), but some don't.

Green (it's a classic!)

Classic it may be, but Proraso green is certainly not the Proraso with the least scent that the OP had asked for.

Proraso is not known for subtleness, but for me the least pronounced scent is the blue, followed closely by the white, and then the red Proraso.

B.

I've been using th white again the past few days. If you use the white "pre shave" cream followed by th white croap, I think the combination of the two is almost as potent as the green stuff! Those little glass jars of "green, red and white" pre shave really add some octane to their respective colored soaps and creams. Good stuff!

To the OP and back on topic, if you want the Proraso with the "mildest" overtones, my personal vote goes to white. It's really a nice shaving product.

If you're looking for no scent, I would definitely say Blue. But I luuuuurve the Green. The menthol feels so good. I keep experimenting with other creams but I keep coming back to Proraso Green. Can't beat it.

Top Bottom