What's new

Newbie Checking In...

Hello Everyone!

Let me start by telling all of you about my shaving experience. I've been a disposable razor/canned goo guy up to this point, and that was fine until about 8 months ago when my face just couldn't take it anymore. I was developing much more razor burn and bumps as the days went by. That is when I did some investigating and discovered wetshaving via the infamous Mantic videos. I immediately asked my dad if he had ever tried safety razors and he did, but didn't like them. He said the only thing it was good for was slicing up your face, and ever since when I bring up the topic it gets shot down. This was not enough to deter me, though. Since then, I have acquired a Gillette Tech and miscellaneous other products (see signature line for details). I figure that my compulsive viewing of the Mantic videos matched with my month or so of lurking on this website has provided me with the resources to allow me a successful wetshaving experience. I will start next week as I am still perfecting my soap lathering technique (it's pretty close, so it shouldn't be long now!). Since I haven't met anyone in my day-to-day life that wants to talk about shaving, I am hoping this place will become a sanctuary for me, and even though I'm new to this, I still hope to contribute to the conversations when I can. So, there's a little bit about myself. Let the fun begin!

By the way, this forum has some very interesting acronyms (YMMV, ATG, XTG, etc) and I've had success figuring out most of them. However, I cannot figure out what SWMBO means. Using context clues, I figure it's about your wives, but what exactly does it mean?

Welcome aboard. My 68 year old dad looked at me like I had two heads when I was visiting him last week when I told him I shaved with a safety razor. I had to run out to buy some blades to store at his house and he kept trying to foist his Mach 3 and canned goo upon me. Some old dogs just don't want to learn new tricks.

Welcome to B&B, glad to have you here!

You'll find plenty of camaraderie with folks who talk shaving here! Maybe when your dad sees your BBS shaves he'll become a convert (or maybe re-convert?) too. Best of luck and Happy Shaving! :biggrin:

Wow! Thanks guys. I like it here already! Thank you for the warm welcome (even a reply from THE Mantic) and the SWMBO information. I will keep all of you posted on my progress.

Top Bottom