What's new

Two Years On With Electric Toothbrush

I thought it about time I posted up some long term results with my Sonicaire toothbrush. Without too much ado I would have to say for me it is hands down one of the best decisions I have made. Now before we go too far understand, you can clean your teeth with a manual toothbrush and people have done so for a couple of hundred years. This is not necessarily about electric vs. manual.

Here is what I noticed after using the Sonicaire for a few months. My gums and teeth are nowhere near as sensitive as they use to be. This is also due to regular flossing. I was a poor flosser for years and that is no no. Just do it. Trust me, it is more than worth it. What I meant by the sensitivity issue is that I was mangling my gums and teeth with the manual brush. Much too much pressure. The Sonicaire works best with light pressure. Much like DE shaving it does not want you mashing the brush against the teeth. Let the sonic action do the work.

The Sonicaire I have is one with several modes but I just use the clean feature which has a two minute timer in four, thirty second intervals. One for each section of your teeth; top front of teeth, top back of teeth, and so on. If you need more time you can use the refresh mode for an additional 15 second intervals. Nice.

I have the rechargeable model with inductive, wireless charging pad. Again, get this one and done.

My teeth are cleaner and whiter. My biannual cleanings and checkups get a big thumbs up from the hygienist. So for me, all round money well spent.

Summary; get the Sonicaire with the 'skinny' brush heads and forget the older models with the much fatter diameter brush heads. The replacements are pricier for those as well.

Get the rechargeable models. Preferably one with the inductive charger. There are no exposed metal charging pins. The handle sits upon a plastic nubbin on top of the charger. Nice, clean feature.

Change the heads every three months. At least this is what I have been doing. It is what Soincaire recommends. Sooner if you hard on them. I buy three packs from Amazon and they always seem to have something available with Prime shipping for around $25 per three heads. Pricey at first but you realise that is a nine month supply. Do be aware there are small, very short heads and the regular ones that have a head about an inch long. I vastly prefer the longer ones. Small featured folk or those with smallish teeth may prefer the smaller size.

Get the one wit the quad timer I say. It makes brushing a little more regimented and you get into a routine. Which is good.

Watch the sales and coupons. It is amazing how much you can save on an initial purchase. I got mine through Amazon but don't overlook your local dentist. Sometimes Philips works out some great deals with them albeit only for certain models.

Overall I would buy another one in a minute if this one quits.

I got mine from the dentist and have been using it for 4+ years. Mine sounds very similar to yours with 4-5 settings. Its still going strong and I will happily buy a replacement when needed.

You can really tell the difference between an old head and a new brush head. I've also noticed the smaller head makes it easier to hit behind those back molars.

I've used the crest whitening toothpaste and even mouthwash as well as picked up a whitening pen (brother's wedding this weekend.) My teeth look pretty good but they can be better. FYI, I use one of those Oral B battery powered brushes. I like what it is able to do.

Top Bottom