What's new

Rose creams

There is only one tub of cream in my drawer full of soaps and that's T&H Rose. At one time I had several rose creams, including TOBS and Salter. IMO, T&H makes a great cream.

I only have GFT Rose cream (but also a caties Bubbles Rose de La vie soap.)
Well GFT Rose I like it more for the scent that the performance.
Still curious about TFH Rose...

IMO, T&H Rose is the only one. Everything else rose I've smelled/used had some artificial note to it that just screamed little old church lady. T&H is a complex, pure rose that smells like the flower. Add to that, it is a fantastic cream. It is available through their website in a sample packet. I think for something like $15 (US) you can get a sample collection of all of their creams and a smattering of their balms.

$creams_balms_samplepack_7d75e79f-2867-4839-9266-a6953cae5819_grande.jpeg

I enjoy T&H Rose the most out of all the British-origin shaving creams. With that said, the scent may not be what you prefer. It is the most genuine, authentic rose scent out there. It is strong and will last throughout the entire shave. Simply, it exudes high quality and class. However, it is only a single scent note --- rose. Top, middle, base --- it's all rose and nothing else. Based on your experience with TOBS, I would recommend that you go the sample route first before plunking down the $$ on a full tub.

IMO, T&H Rose is the only one. Everything else rose I've smelled/used had some artificial note to it that just screamed little old church lady. T&H is a complex, pure rose that smells like the flower. Add to that, it is a fantastic cream. It is available through their website in a sample packet. I think for something like $15 (US) you can get a sample collection of all of their creams and a smattering of their balms.

View attachment 655209

I totally agree with all that you said FonGu. I could not have phrased it as well as you. By the way FonGu,that's a great nickname you've got. I take it that you're Italian (as I am).

Ciao bella,
Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I enjoy T&H Rose the most out of all the British-origin shaving creams. With that said, the scent may not be what you prefer. It is the most genuine, authentic rose scent out there. It is strong and will last throughout the entire shave. Simply, it exudes high quality and class. However, it is only a single scent note --- rose. Top, middle, base --- it's all rose and nothing else. Based on your experience with TOBS, I would recommend that you go the sample route first before plunking down the $$ on a full tub.

Yes scents are very subjective, so samples are a good way to go. I had some T&H samples when I first started but can't remember if their rose was one of them. I should have kept notes on my thought of each sample.

Eva Nostrova on Etsy sells a rose goat milk soap that is inexpensive, pretty strong rose scent and great post shave feel. Little love on the Forums and a real value sleeper. This shaver recommends. . .

I've used 8+ rose shaving creams over the past two years. I've found that the best, for me, combination of authentic rose scent and great performance, is to be found with D. R. Harris Rose cream. I'm more of a soap guy, but I'll reorder Harris Rose cream.

I totally agree with all that you said FonGu. I could not have phrased it as well as you. By the way FonGu,that's a great nickname you've got. I take it that you're Italian (as I am).

Ciao bella,
Craig

LOL. I took the name from something my wife's Gramp used to say a lot. He was a first generation US citizen whose father immigrated from Italy. I am aware it is the phonetic spelling of a not so nice expression.... :whistling:

I've found that the best, for me, combination of authentic rose scent and great performance, is to be found with D. R. Harris Rose cream. I'm more of a soap guy, but I'll reorder Harris Rose cream.

+1, I am currently using D.R. Harris Rose cream for several weeks in a row and enjoying more & more each shave. It is a regular member of my rotation with different brushes :)

Gene

LOL. I took the name from something my wife's Gramp used to say a lot. He was a first generation US citizen whose father immigrated from Italy. I am aware it is the phonetic spelling of a not so nice expression.... :whistling:

Yes,I know what you mean FongGu. My dad came from Genoa,Italy and I heard him use that expression a few times when he was particularly upset. Anyway,its an amusing moniker to use here. I got a big kick out of it when I first noticed your name on a thread.

Craig

Yes,I know what you mean FongGu. My dad came from Genoa,Italy and I heard him use that expression a few times when he was particularly upset. Anyway,its an amusing moniker to use here. I got a big kick out of it when I first noticed your name on a thread.

Craig

I've used it on all of my online activity for at least the last 10 years. You are only the 3rd or 4th person to catch the phrase and bring it up.

Rose of Bulgaria has a very good and authentic rose scent, but the performance is lacking, for me, when compared to D. R. Harris.

Top Bottom