What's new

Ok gents, how did you discover SE?

I found a clog pruf at the local antique store....I bought it, and haven't looked back since. I use Treet blades FWIW.

A few months after I found B&B, I found a thread about SE's. Then I made the mistake of buying a 1912 on the bay and I too was hooked!

I converted to DE shaving a few years ago, starting with a new (Merkur) razor. A few months later I decided to go on a search in the wild, hoping to find a vintage DE. I did find a couple of Gillettes, but also came across an Ever Ready 1924 and a Gem 1912. Honestly, I didn't really know what they were, but they were cheap and cool looking, so I bought them. A little research (mostly here on B&B) revealed that these strange looking implements were actually operational, and modern blades for them could be had at the local Walgreens. The rest, as they say, is history. I still use DEs, but Gem/ER SEs (and also injectors) have since been regulars in my rotation.

Last edited:
I had been using DE razors for about a year, and, the other day, when I was talking with my dad about my new hobby, he mentioned that he still had my great grandfather's injector at home. I ordered some blades and cleaned it up, now it is my favorite kind of razor to use.

I was waiting for my first DE to arrive in the mail 4-5 months ago. Happened to hit an antique store with a friend. He asked someone at the counter if they had old razors since he knew I was looking for some. They showed me a GEM MMOC. I had no idea what it was. Did some quick searches on my phone and read good things. Decided to buy it, came in its original case and had the instruction sheet. Its in great condition, but have yet to use it. Soon.

Found a like new MMOC and Bakelite case in a flea shop for $3. Ordered some blades, curiosity really, as I bought the razor for display only. My rule, is anything I keep I will use at least once to try. MMOC hooked me and I have a shelf full of SEs now, with at least one in each weeks rotation.

a MMOC was the only shaver i could find locally and it was missing a blade tab. i had no idea it was missing the tab. ouch.

For some reason I have been interested in shaving since I was 4 or 5 years old in the late forties. My dad would vacillate between Gillette DE's and Schick injectors so I have always had an interest in both. The Schick advertising slogan, "push, pull / click, click - change blades / that quick" was repeated over and over on the radio, and I am sure it registered with me.

If you ever catch the old Cary Grant, movie " Mr. Blandings builds his dream house" on TV you will notice C.G. using a Schick injector.

Ron I

Last edited:
Top Bottom