What's new

Any Thoughts on RazoRock XXX Hard Formula?

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone has experience with, or thoughts on, the hard formulation of RazoRock XXX. How does it compare to the soft formulation of RazoRock XXX? Does it compare favorably with other hard, tallow-based shave soaps? Just curious, looks like it's back in stock at Italian Barber!

Thanks!

I love the XXX "hard" soap. Much like the original it provides a fantastic lather to shave with and leaves my face soothed afterward.

I did find the scent to be slightly different, maybe a bit more powdery if that makes sense? I prefer the scent over the original, but enjoy both obviously.

Easily it would make my top 10 soap list if I would be forced to create one.

Take this with a pinch of salt, I live in a climate which is warm, days almost always over 30c, so I found the soap to be firm but still soft. Sort of like a softer Barrister and Mann soap consistency, not hard like MWF or Tabac.

Bottom line, a soap worth having for sure. I managed to get 2 tubs the first time around, and very happy I did.

Thanks for the insight nffclsr! Might have to try to it one day! I haven't tried any RazoRock stuff, but I figured I'd try Mudder Focker, then I'd try XXX.

This formulation has leapfrogged over all my other soaps to become my favorite.
Though the regular XXX is already a great soap, this one takes everything up a whole new level - scent, lather, glide - everything.
Definitely get yourself a tub.

I have 2 tubs of the original and one tub of the hard formula. I had to make sure I'd never be without it! And the splash is also top notch!

I picked up a tub of the hard formula on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it! Decided I'd try the Mudder Focker another time.

From my undersatnding Joe at Razorback has a great relationship with TFS over in Torino, Italy. I have some TFS soaps and the Razorback soaps. Both share a lot of the characteristics of the TFS soaps. If you haven't tried TFS, it is worth the purchase. Not sure if TFS makes some of the Razorback soaps though.

Im pretty sure TFS makes Don Marco (Bergamotto Neroli) and Zi'Peppino (Tobacco Verde) as they smell exactly the same. Susan Darnell (VITO'S) I think is the one behind the X, XX and XXX.

I think you made the right call. Curious to hear how it goes for you...

I'll try to post some comments when it comes in and I get few shaves under my belt. This is my first Razorock soap. I've primarily used Cella, MWF, and Stirling. Got some Barrister and Mann coming too.

I think you made the right call. Curious to hear how it goes for you...

My tub of XXX hard formula came in yesterday. Had a shave with this morning and it was great! As good as anything I've been using, which includes Cella and Stirling. Easy to lather, glide and cushion were great, and slickness was great! Post was pretty good too. It didn't leave me wanting for much. Wife even commented on the scent and how she liked it. Good stuff! This was my first RazoRock soap. I'll be getting more.

The scent is nice, I'm not quite sure why people go nuts over it, but to each their own. I'm looking at giving this a whirl this weekend before I pack it away for 3017ing at a later point.

hey I have a question, I purchased a tub of XXX on 10/2015. I recently purchased a tub of XXX duro, ''hard'' my question is both appear to be the same density and same texture, both containers and labels look identical however the older one has a glossy finish and the duro has a matte finish with a sticker that says Duro on the bottom. can anyone tell me if I have 2 of the same thing? or if there some difference between them the older container bottom label cannot be read

I haven't gotten around to using my XXX Duro yet (one day...) but the ingredient list is different. Excluding the fragrance components at the end of the list, the key items are ordered differently signifying varying amounts. This could be enough to introduce a performance difference between the two.

Top Bottom