What's new

Feather AC DX vs Kai Captain Excelia

I called Kai/Kasho asking if they had any in stock i could buy.. they called offices in Germany and Japan asking for any information, they came back with the news that they have broken the mold and have no copies to re make it.
They said they might do another version but not sure.
I did manage to track a brand new one down of a seller in Russia.
He says he has access to another maybe 2...

broken the mold?! never heard of any manufacturer doing such!

ps, welcome to b&b, jeepferret!

Can you pm me the seller details ? I might check out their prices. The fact that the mould had no copy or blueprint is rather strange. Seems a bit amateurish no ?

proxy.php

The true RADkiller!

Dude your shaving arsenal is impressive. You seem to own so many fancy and desirable razors... Can i ask you own many you own?

Thx Fasa! Indeed, I have far too much shave gear! I rationalize it by saying it's less costly than alimony!

I managed to find a folding DX (in pink!!) on Rakuten Japan for around 45 of your British pounds! Couldn't pass that up! Also ordered a folding SS (which I've never tried) for only 37GBP. At those prices, surely even my wife can't get mad (hoping they'll arrive while she's out of town for a couple of days visiting family, haha!!)

I know, Marcus, I just couldn't. I think the SS will arrive first so looking forward to trying that. The non-folding wasn't my favourite but I'll give the folding a fair chance. Also ordered some Schick proline blades just to see how they are.

I'm sorry for appearing to mislead people, the pink one is an RG, not a DX. Sorry for the confusion, my mistake.... 😩

The SS arrived a few days ago so has had a few run -outs so far, both times with the Proline blade. My first impression was that it felt a little more flimsy than my Kai Captain. It’s not really , it was just a fleeting thought. As for the shaves, well they just confirm why I always seem to prefer the folding models over the non-folding.

The RG arrived this afternoon, and the pink is very pink. I’ll probably give it a run out tomorrow evening, once the kids are in bed. It’s a beautiful razor though. Shame that Feather stopped making them!

The SS is a bit lighter than the kai i believe. How are the schick blades working out for you ?
It’s definitely lighter than the Captain Standard, yes. When I held one in each hand I could feel the difference.

Only two shaves in with the Schick blades, so early days. Feel smooth and sharp so far though.

It’s definitely lighter than the Captain Standard, yes. When I held one in each hand I could feel the difference.

Only two shaves in with the Schick blades, so early days. Feel smooth and sharp so far though.

Ok i think i need a captain than ... It s stainless?

Top Bottom