What's new

When is the last time you used a cart?

Hey guys/gals,

I have not been wet-shaving for very long but from the time I received my first DE in the mail, I have yet to touch another cart. I was curious as to just how long it's been since you last used a cart. Personally, I have gone 4 months. It has not always been easy due to my early wake-ups and the few extra minutes it takes but I like I said, I never looked back.

I use all types of razors from Old type to contemporary 3 blade. I used a disposable twin blade this a.m.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not bladeist - I last used the M3 about a month ago though I do use the DEs more often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh, this morning (sheepishly). I have been using up some disposables that I found in my den. Using DE techniques with skin stretching and ATG shaving, they give fantastic shaves.

My last cart use was on October 28, 2015.

I (re)started DE shaving on October 29, 2014 (nearly six months now) and never intend going back to carts. :w00t:

3 weeks ago. Went on a 8 day cruise and only took carry on luggage so no blades allowed. Used a Gillette Fusion for all eight days with a GC synthetic brush and Tiki L.E. Mora soap. Shaves were very good but went right back to DE as soon as I got home.

To be clear to each their own and if you used a cart this morning then great! I just know that what started out for me as a way to save money shaving (biggest joke/lie I ever told myself) turned into a healthy habit and way for me to enjoy my mornings.

To be clear to each their own and if you used a cart this morning then great! I just know that what started out for me as a way to save money shaving (biggest joke/lie I ever told myself) turned into a healthy habit and way for me to enjoy my mornings.
EXACTLY (IMO too) :thumbup:

January 2015 for me. I got a VDH luxury kit for Christmas and bought a Merkur 23c (which got used for 2 months ) before I got my first vintage razor. 1 year and 3 months.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
About three weeks ago... Just before my Slim arrived. Haven't looked at a cart since!

About 10 months after I switched to DE (2009), I went on vacation and made the mistake of taking my old Sensor Excel and a travel sized can of Barbasol for convenience. After the first horrible shave, I tossed the cart and Barbasol and didn't shave again until I got home. Haven't touched a cart since.

Sometime in spring 2014. i still have a few Dorco carts left over from when I converted to DE just in case I need something simple for traveling.

Mid July 2015, when I converted to DE and will probably not use a cart again. If I travel, I will pack up one of my Gillette Adjustables to go with me, and probably mail myself a couple of blades lol.

Top Bottom