What's new

Barbasol Brisk vs. Skin Bracer

I love Skin Bracer but Brisk is a little strong and doesn't have enough alcohol to me. I started to get razor bumps , but after adding a little cheap vodka the smell isn't as strong and no more bumps.

These are just the standard plastic bottles, not glass, you get at walmart. Nothing special just a great price.

Barbasol Brisk is still available at Dollar General. Pacific Rush has not been discontinued, it's just no longer being stocked by Dollar General. Barbasol replied to me in an email that Pacific Rush is still available from Dollar Tree or directly from them. (But I, nor anyone else I've asked, have ever seen it in Dollar Tree).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*Off to hit every Dollar General I can find for stock on PR*

I am not good at describing scents and could be totally off here, but I find SB has a smoother, perhaps more richer, lavendery heart note, than Brisk. But I've been using SB since late '70's and might be biased towards it for historical reasons.

I love Skin Bracer. It's in my top 5 of all aftershaves. But I just cannot stand the smell of Brisk. It is too strong, and there is one note in it that is just too sharp for my nose. To me, it does smell similar to SB, but it's nowhere near as balanced.

+1. SB is also my preference between these two!

Barbasol Brisk is still available at Dollar General. Pacific Rush has not been discontinued, it's just no longer being stocked by Dollar General. Barbasol replied to me in an email that Pacific Rush is still available from Dollar Tree or directly from them. (But I, nor anyone else I've asked, have ever seen it in Dollar Tree).

I've been wanting to try Pacific Rush AS but it is not available locally in my area nor can I find it on the internet. I went to the Barbasol web site but didn't see any way to order it directly from them. I filled out their contact form just now and asked them how I can get a bottle.

In honor of this discussion I just splashed on some Brisk! I picked up a bottle at the local dollar place and I keep it in my desk drawer at work for a refreshing splash.

I thought Brisk had a slightly "better" scent to me. Honestly they are so close in scent it's like splitting hairs. I bought Brisk because it was cheaper.

I've been wanting to try Pacific Rush AS but it is not available locally in my area nor can I find it on the internet. I went to the Barbasol web site but didn't see any way to order it directly from them. I filled out their contact form just now and asked them how I can get a bottle.

Here is the response I received from Barbasol:

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately, we no longer produce Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave. We are very sorry that we no longer produce the product of your choice. We recommend that you try Barbasol Brisk After Shave which is available at Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores. Availability may vary by location. Barbasol Brisk After Shave can also be purchased by the case directly from our office. Each case contains 6 bottles and will cost $13.50/case, plus $12.00 shipping and handling. If you would like to do this, please contact Tracy Adkins at 614-339-1294. All orders must be prepaid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).

We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to visit www.Barbasol.com for a full list of Barbasol products. Again, thank you for reaching out to us here at Barbasol. We sincerely hope this information is helpful.

Have a great day,

Hilary R.
Consumer Response Team

In honor of this discussion I just splashed on some Brisk! I picked up a bottle at the local dollar place and I keep it in my desk drawer at work for a refreshing splash.

Awesome!! Great stuff. I do a second splash oftentimes, usually in mid to late afternoon.

I really like Brisk, but I use my local supermarkets Brisk from Vi-Jon, and have yet to actually wear SB. They smell so similar, I feel like the $2 Brisk is a better option than a $5 SB. Not that I'm cheap mind you, it's just that they seem so similar to me.

Good luck. It's been several months, maybe the better part of a year, since it vanished from DG.

An update from my outburst (sorry for that Vez, I took it hard that a favorite was being taken off the local market), I drove to every DG in a 40mile and was rewarded with 3 bottles of Pacific Rush for the effort. Ridiculous? Possibly. Happy? You betcha. Now that I've got a little in reserve I can start poking around other shops for it.

Also, to keep on topic - I do like that idea with the SB/Osage. I think I could like that a lot, as the regular SB is okay but gets a little much for me.

Top Bottom