What's new

Barbasol Brisk vs. Skin Bracer

I started with Barbasol Brisk and just assumed Skin Bracer was probably at least slightly superior. But after getting Skin Bracer I discovered that I like Brisk a lot better. At least for me Brisk makes my face feel better and has a more full robust fragrance. Thank goodness CVS (and I assume some other drug stores) have the Brisk as a knock-off of SB because I understand the Barbasol version has been discontinued.

I like both. I went thru a bottle of Barbasol Brisk and liked it alot. Now I'm half way thru a bottle of Skin Bracer. I like SB a little better as my face isn't as "dry" feeling as after BB. Both smell great. For about 6 weeks now i've been using SB exclusively.

I haven't tried the Brisk, but I have Skin Bracer. I really like the scent of SB, but I don't find it as soothing/conditioning as my other AS's. Even the other "drug store" AS's like AV and AV Musk feel better to me.

I love Skin Bracer. It's in my top 5 of all aftershaves. But I just cannot stand the smell of Brisk. It is too strong, and there is one note in it that is just too sharp for my nose. To me, it does smell similar to SB, but it's nowhere near as balanced.

I don't believe Barbasol Brisk is being discontinued - just the Pacific Rush...?

Barbasol Brisk is still available at Dollar General. Pacific Rush has not been discontinued, it's just no longer being stocked by Dollar General. Barbasol replied to me in an email that Pacific Rush is still available from Dollar Tree or directly from them. (But I, nor anyone else I've asked, have ever seen it in Dollar Tree).

Barbasol Brisk is still available at Dollar General. Pacific Rush has not been discontinued, it's just no longer being stocked by Dollar General. Barbasol replied to me in an email that Pacific Rush is still available from Dollar Tree or directly from them. (But I, nor anyone else I've asked, have ever seen it in Dollar Tree).

We have Dollar Tree's down here in Texas.

Thanks for the clarification!
I have never seen it in Dollar Tree either, but will have to check more often. I did see Brisk in Family Dollar, but was a bit more expensive than Dollar General.

I haven't got around to the Brisk yet, but if Pacific Rush is an indicator for the cooling factor, I'm certainly going to love it. Skin Bracer is my number one aftershave, and though Pacific Rush has an odd scent, the cooling almost makes me prefer it to Skin Bracer. Sometimes these little buck store generic things can certainly be better. Cheap can be good!

I picked up a bottle of Brisk today since it was one of the rare days I was near a Dollar General for work. I told my boss he would have to wait for a minute while I ran inside and scored some of the good stuff! Sadly, the Pacific Rush was no longer there, nor was the DG version of Vitalis, which I believe was also discontinued.

I think I solved the Skin Bracer problem! Today I tried it again but I used about 50% more of the product than I use with Brisk. My skin feels good and the strength of the fragrance seems about the same as Brisk. So I can use both of them. I have also mixed them with good results.

I think I solved the Skin Bracer problem! Today I tried it again but I used about 50% more of the product than I use with Brisk. My skin feels good and the strength of the fragrance seems about the same as Brisk. So I can use both of them. I have also mixed them with good results.

I splash Skin Bracer on with reckless abandon. It's great stuff, don't be shy with it! :lol:

Barbasol Brisk is one of these fantastic products in this shaving thing...right up there with Arko, Rapira SS blades, SuperMax Plats, the Yuma...that are the cheapest things you can buy but perform just as well as the very expensive stuff.

I love Skin Bracer. It's in my top 5 of all aftershaves. But I just cannot stand the smell of Brisk. It is too strong, and there is one note in it that is just too sharp for my nose. To me, it does smell similar to SB, but it's nowhere near as balanced.

I now know what you are talking about. I smelled both the Brisk and the Skin Bracer side by side and the Skin Bracer has a more...finished scent than the Brisk. That being said, I don't mind the scent of the Brisk but not sure I would wear it all the time. In full disclosure, I still bought two bottles of the Brisk. It's hard to pass up at $1.75 apiece. I sense a Badger & Blade AS Mix coming on. :thumbup:

Take the skin Bracer or the Brisk and mix it 50/50 in the hand with Osage rub. It's a whole other animal. It's Bootlegger's "Green Freeze" when used with Skin Bracer.

I stopped by an Estate sale yesterday, walked through, found 2-7 oz unopened bottles of Skin Bracer. Offered $1, for both, took em.

Top Bottom