What's new

Jerry Stark Custom

That center razor makes me want to spend money every time you post it lol

I saw this razor on Jerry's Facebook page. NICE!

LMAO I know what you mean Jimmy, It did not take too awful long for my will power to break after seeing all of [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] 's EPIC Jerry Stark Creations. I have not logged onto Facebook in forever so I actually went and checked, this thing is the culmination of a lifetime of work and every single facet of it defines my career. I could in no way have EVER asked for a Finer Custom than this one came out to be, it is in a word.... Perfect.

I was wondering Jim when you would post yours, where you been?
I am still breathing, just so busy with work that I only rarely get time to come on. But of course I will join any discussion about Stark!
Wow that's different...cool!! What was the theme or idea behind the design of the scales?
My guess would be "The Wild Wild West" Jim and Artemus always had gadget's I could be wrong.
It is definitely a Steampunk design, inspired by "The Wild Wild West" as Jnatcat suggested. I was totally blown away by what Jerry came up with, and it shaves like a dream.

I'm asking myself ..." What kind of JS razor would I like ...?"
Dave's full horn Damascus is by far my favorite. Very nice stuff !

Well Gents, Jerry Stark crafted my razor over the last couple weeks and i opened here up today.

6/8 Chevalier style with a hand worked "Rope" style spine in Ironwood scales

$IMG_4786.jpg$IMG_4787.jpg$IMG_4788.jpg$IMG_4789.jpg

Stropping is a little different with the deep thumb notch but nothing I don't think i can't manage, not going to strop on the Kanayama 8K right off the bat just to make sure, the edge seems shave ready the HHT is a 3-4 but not sure what he hones on ( Synthetic's, Coti's, JNAT's ?)

Was going to shave with it today but had already set my mind to shave with another so it will have to wait, the grind looks very even and smooth and the blade is buffed to a solid luster and of course fit/finish are top notch, the closest thing I have with a deep cut thumb notch is my Revisor but it's not this deep and I can see where stropping/Honing would be a little different flipping the blade but that is something i can live with due to the looks.

i am going to shave with it over the next few weeks and see how it goes, hopefully it will treat me right so it becomes one of my favorites.

That is absolutely Stunning William! I Love mine and mine has the same notch, it is actually very easy on stropping and use for me. I love that spine as well, very nice choice:thumbup1:

Beautiful razor...nohing like unboxing a custom that you know no one else might have...and then to shave with it just makes things even better!

Top Bottom