What's new

QED Bath Soaps!

Gentlemen --

Charles of QED fame is now making bath soaps. All of them are EO-scented, and those of us who use Charles' products are well aware of how strongly he scents his soaps. :biggrin: I just ordered several different flavors (as if I haven't bought enough stuff from him already).

Below is a listing of his new products:

QEDman Aloe Vera Bath Bars

I created QED man aloe vera bath bars simply because I could not find a gentle body cleanser.
My QED man bath bars do NOT contain detergents, surfactants, sulfates, alcohol solutions, sugar solutions, coloring, or synthetic
fragrance. They are hypo-allergenic, biodegradable, non-comedogenic, and are neither made from, nor tested on, animals. The very
simple and gentle formulation is based on moisturizing Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Soybean Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, all on
a foundation of at least 5% Aloe Vera.

QEDman bath bars are not miracle soaps designed to “cure” various skin conditions. There are no such soaps. In my opinion, you should
expect no more from a good body soap then for it to gently cleanse without leaving any residue when rinsed.

Apollo: Project Apollo was a series of human spaceflight missions undertaken by the U.S. devoted to the goal of landing a man on the
moon and returning him safely to earth. This goal was achieved with the Apollo 11 mission when on July 20, 1969, the lunar module
'Eagle' touched down in the Sea of Tranquility, thus marking one of the most dramatic and inspiring moments in human history ... the first
"step for mankind" onto the moon. Take that giant step with Apollo bath bar, its stellar combination of Bergamot, Lavender, and Sweet
Orange produce a scent that's out of this world.

Bathtub Gin: The 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution started National Prohibition, and thus gave birth to bootleggers,
speakeasies, and bathtub gin (an illegal potent booze mixed in a bathtub). The piney bouquet and flavor of gin is derived from Juniper
berries, and thus, along with a twist of Lime and Lemon, is the main ingredient in Bathtub Gin bath bar.

Casablanca: Over half a century after the initial release of Casablanca, nearly every American can quote lines of the film's sparkling
dialogue. The screen chemistry between the romantic leads, the international flavor of the mostly European-born cast, the
sets/lighting/camera angles, and the crisp writing, produced America's most loved film. The fragrance of Casablanca bath bar is
composed of diverse and exotic essential oils, including: Bergamot, Frankincense, and Clary Sage. This may be the beginning of a
beautiful friendship.

Chocolate Bar (a bit of decadence): Chocolate is America's favorite flavor. Our first chocolate factory was established in 1765.
Chocolate is so recognized for its nourishment and group spirit it has been taken into space as part of the diet of U.S. astronauts.
Chocolate Bar bath bar obtains its delicious scent and natural dark brown color from cocoa essential oil. Cocoa soothes and nourishes
the skin, and, because of its caffeine, stimulates circulation which equals a healthy glow.

Ellis: From 1892 to 1954, over 12 million immigrants entered the United States through the portal of Ellis Island, in New York Harbor.
Ellis bath bar, with its intriguing and excitingly different blend of Rose Geranium, Bergamot, Lavender, and Juniper, may serve as your
Gateway to a New World of fragrance bliss.

Ivy League: The Ivy League, also know as the Ancient Eight, are among the oldest and most prestigious colleges and universities in the
United States. Ivy League bath bar is a smart, rich, sophisticated blend of Rosewood, Clary Sage, and Tangerine.

Jazz: An original American musical art form, Jazz began around the early 1920s in New Orleans, and is marked by the profound cultural
contributions of African Americans. Jazz bath bar contains warm, sweet, sensual notes of Clove, Nutmeg, and Sweet Orange.

Lindy: Charles Lindbergh, "The Lone Eagle", was a pioneering United States aviator famous for piloting the first solo non-stop flight
across the Atlantic Ocean in 1927. And so we have made our Lindy bath bar a spirited, uplifting, dashing combination of Orange,
Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Tangerine, and Blue Tansy (added for both its intriguing fruitiness and its natural "wild blue yonder" color).

Lucky Sloop: On December 3rd, 1775, the sloop Providence was the first ship commissioned into the "Fleet of the United Colonies", and
shortly thereafter became the first command of John Paul Jones. Her battle record earned her the nickname "Lucky Sloop". A salute to
this daring naval tradition is our Lucky Sloop bath bar with its daring combination of clove, ylang ylang, vetiver, palmrosa and spruce.

Ranger: An intriguing earthy scent of Vetiver, Sandalwood, and Lime, dedicated to the ultimate “ground-pounder” - the U.S. Army
Ranger. An extraordinary fragrance reserved for extraordinary men.

Rosie: Early in the 1940s, millions of American women answered the government's call to enter the work force and fill
traditionally male jobs to support those men who had gone off to serve in the military. In 1942, a popular song about a
patriotic female defense worker called Rosie the Riveter provided the name that became synonymous with this new kind of
American woman. Rosie preshave bar – with its true Rose essential oil, along with other essential oils – was formulated to
support your quest for the perfect shave. This soap works into an incredibly profuse and creamy lather that will certainly
soften the toughest beard. Also wonderful for daily face cleansing or as a bath bar. The scent is intoxicating.

West Point: Established in 1802, the United States Military Academy, also known as West Point, is not only our oldest military academy,
it is also the oldest continuously occupied military fort in the U.S. West Point bath bar is a well-disciplined combination of Fir, Cedarwood
and Lavender that produces a fresh, bracing scent.

The life of a vegetable glycerin soap with skin-friendly ingredients is typically less than a tripled-milled bar of harsh detergent. To extend
the life of a glycerin soap a bit, simply avoid allowing it to stand in water.

ALL bars are 5.2oz and priced at $5.95 … except Rosie, which is priced at $9.95 … remember, only natural Essential Oils are used to
scent these soaps.​

Oh for gosh sakes,
There's 4-5 of those scents I'm gonna have to try.Good price too, and it looks like I may even have to start taking baths and showers again! . Sheeeeeesh! It never ends.
Hehe, thanks for the post Evbo.
Martin

This is so COOL!!!!

I agree ... but MAN, it gets expensive after awhile. Between his shave soaps, skin conditioners, hydrosols, etc. etc. I might as well just sign my salary checks over to him. And now he's making even MORE stuff that I want!

DAMN you, Charles. DAMN you! :letterk2:

I believe the bath soaps have been available for a while but I do see some new "flavors" that were not around originally.

I couldnt see where the bath soaps were on his site so I just typed it in on the custom order page for some chocolate bar along with a few other items I couldnt resist.

Dammit! The guy keeps outdoing himself...well except for his website! My GF said NO MORE shave soaps/creams. but soaps werent included! I have been using nancy boys soaps for a while...hell they last a month! so i might have to order some of charles's. I need to order more clay since I PIF almost the rest of what i had! hope they enjoy it!

I wish the West Point had pine in it instead of lavender. I sure do like his pine/cedarwood shaving soap.

I wish the West Point had pine in it instead of lavender. I sure do like his pine/cedarwood shaving soap.

used both this morning actually, I really like the Fir in that westpoint, the lavender I find is a nice complement to the cedarwood.

Ranger has to be my fav, solid stuff.

Ranger has to be my fav, solid stuff.

I haven't used any of the other ones, but I've been using Ranger all week. And I love it -- can smell the Sandalwood on my skin all day.

...but. This morning, my lovely wife comes to me and says,

I thought our cleaning person used something toxic in the shower. I've been wondering all week what that smell was and I just found out it's your soap! It's disGUSTing! You have to get RID of it! If you don't I will!

:mad3:

But hey. On the plus side, it's a glycerin soap so it's almost gone anyway. Hopefully she'll like the Rose or the Chocolate soaps better.

And if she doesn't, well ... there are lots of women here in NYC. :biggrin:

I cant stop using the chocolate soap. Its amazing. My girlfriend hates it but to hell with her, viva la chocolate soap! Im ordering 100 bucks worth of this stuff. The bars only last me 5-6 showers max though, which kinda sucks, oh well.

Does Charles plan on making these scents into Shaving Soaps?

I can't speak to his current plans, but believe that he does sell Bathtub Gin and Casablanca in shave stick form. I have the bathtub gin -- delightful (though I'd prefer a tub).

I've purshased but not yet used the West Point bath soap. The scent, however, is quite nice. I find the cedar/fir mix to be better balanced than in his pine/cedar shave soap (YMMV). The lavender is slightly evident, and would likely become more pronounced in use.

Casablanca and Bath Tub Gin are available as shave soaps (I think as sticks only). I don't know about the others.

Is there something different about these bars or your showers? That really doesn't seem like much, especially given the cost.

Well, they're glycerin soaps so they ebb pretty quickly. They last longer than 5-6 showers for me, tho. I've been using one of his chocolate bar soaps. It's gotten progressively smaller but I figure by the time it's done I'll have gotten ~14 showers out of it.

I'm guessing, but in the main I think they're pricey b/c he crams EOs into them. He's not stingy with the stuff -- they're extremely strong-smelling. If you use any of his shaving soaps you know what I'm talking about.

Uhh.... he's been making those for about 6 years. They're actually what his shaving soaps were designed off of. Before he made a shaving soap fellas were using the bath soaps as shaving soap, so he changed the formula a bit - and came out with his shaving soaps.

They're very nice, and i'm quite a fan, but since they're Glycerine based, i'd burn through them mighty quickly :smile:

Uhh.... he's been making those for about 6 years.

Shave History 101. Live & learn. (Thank you, Professor Joel. :wink:) 6 years ago I was using a Quattro to shave with (badly, I might add). If someone had mentioned "QED" to me the only thing I would've mentally linked it with was a rather arcane Latin expression.

Also, as ... singular ... as his website is, if he's been making these soaps for 6 years you'd think they'd have put in an appearance somewhere on his website by now. But they're nowhere to be found (at least, not as far as I can see). So when Charles included a printout about these soaps with one of my orders, it seemed like a Brand New Thing to me.

They're actually what his shaving soaps were designed off of. Before he made a shaving soap fellas were using the bath soaps as shaving soap, so he changed the formula a bit - and came out with his shaving soaps.

Again, live & learn. But it certainly makes sense.

They're very nice, and i'm quite a fan, but since they're Glycerine based, i'd burn through them mighty quickly :smile:

Yeah, I hear that. I burn through them mightly quickly myself. But man, they smell so good...!

Thanks for the history lesson! I stand duly corrected.

Class, take notes.

Evan

Top Bottom