What's new

Deoderant Problem?

Hey,
I'm wondering if any of you guys can recommend a decent deodarent to me. I have used mitchum roll on for a long time and have not switched brand but have had to change from unperfumed to ice fresh. I dont know if this is the cause but i have had two painful lumps in my armpit appear in the last say month. one a few weeks ago which has now gone and now a second more painful. What do you guys think? Could it the the deodarent? have you got any better ones you could advise if this is the case?

Thanks in advance
Swiftsteel

It could be caused via a reaction to the fragrance. But if it gets any worse take some Benadryl or at worst go to a dermatologist for advice.

Aye. It could just be a chemical reaction. Try using something less harsh. I believe Tom's of Mane makes a natural deodrant but I'm not positve.

Tom's of Maine makes a great deodorant. I, however, do not wear deodorant anymore. Thus, the viking thing I have going on.

I had a similar problem with Mitchum. If you want the antiperspirant, try Certain Dry. If not, try your alum block, or any deoderant on the shelf.

Could the lumps be an inflammation of the lymph nodes unrelated to your deodorant? I would be concerned that you might have an infection that you're unaware of. Otherwise, if it's an allergic reaction, it could be to anything, and not necessarily what you've been applying to your armpits.

Personally I would see a doctor since this has been going on for a few weeks.

My personal recommendation for deodorant is one of the natural alum crystals.

Thanks guys i will try a different less harsh unfragranced deoderant for a while if the problem persists i will go see a doctor.

Thanks,
Swiftsteel

Hey,
two painful lumps in my armpit appear in the last say month.
Swiftsteel

Another possibility could be ingrown hairs. I get them and they hurt like a hot iron poker jabbed in the skin. If the do stay for a while do see a doc. Try washing all the deodorant off at night to help them breathe.

Top Bottom