What's new

New Simpson brush disaster

I haven't seen it in a while but see if you can locate the Shavemac customizer page for experts. There will be more than enough customization options to suite your needs and DO1 knots are my favorite brush type.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Manchurian is better than best? What's a great brush a step above my chipped chubby? I was reading that vintage Rooney and Simpson were much higher quality than today's versions. Is this true?

Well it really depends on what you want. Manchurian is Simpsons highest grade, but you'd be looking at over twice the price. Whether that price is worth it varies widely by opinion.

bosseb beat me to it with his suggestion, but it's just as well, since I was going to point you to his post. A Shavemac D01 3-band would be an upgrade but close to what you had in the Chubby 2 and much closer in price than a Simpson Manchurian. Of course this will depend on you getting your specifications right as the advantage and challenge of Shavemac brushes is choosing the right specs for you.

EDIT: Well I guess actually hsbbs04 beat me first.

Last edited:
I have a CH2 in best that feels softer than my new CH3 manch. The manch has a firmer feel with more scrub and less splay than the best that I own. Hell, I'd be happy if my wife decided to use one of my brushes to shave herself with... she still uses canned goo.

So here's what my wife got me.

Attachments

• $Screenshot_20160416-222702.jpg
    $Screenshot_20160416-222702.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 141
Very nice! You should let your wife break more stuff! Possibly work your way towards a complete private shave den remodel.

So Manchurian is better than best? What's a great brush a step above my chipped chubby? I was reading that vintage Rooney and Simpson were much higher quality than today's versions. Is this true?

I have a Rooney Heritage Stubby 3XL and 2XL that were made several years ago that I use constantly. IMO,they perform even better than my Chubby2 in Super. However,they are very hard to find on the market these days,so I've been told. I bought mine new at Vintage Blades online several years ago

Craig

Ouch that bloody hurts as your brush is still alive and you have two choices.

1. Take it back to have it replace for a new brush.
2. Keep it because you can still used the brush as the knot area is not badly damage.

Top Bottom