What's new

What is High Mountain Badger?

This thread is hilarious, someone should sell a sandy crevice brush, the creature heralding from the lowliest of places, maybe found dead near a sod house, packaged in mud and consisting of a half-dozen or so hairs. "brush made only from the most resilient strands, $110.00"

here it is!!

$revisor plisson mitchell wool fact penhaligon lords may 3 2016.jpg

I've been looking at the WD HMW knots for a couple of ever-readys I'm restoring. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out for you.

I disagree....the brush should last for a few decades. I am going on my high mountain from whipped dog and it is taking shave after shave after shave to get the tips soft. Some are starting to split. Great brush. It will get better over time.

I think you misunderstood my post. When I say get another one, I did not mean as a replacement, I mean as an add on, to expand the variety.

I currently have 5 WD brushes and try to put them into rotation with others.

I've been looking at the WD HMW knots for a couple of ever-readys I'm restoring. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out for you.

Whipped Dog does not sell a HMW (High Mountain White). They sell a HW (High Mountain). What's the difference? HMW is many times more expensive.

This thread is hilarious, someone should sell a sandy crevice brush, the creature heralding from the lowliest of places, maybe found dead near a sod house, packaged in mud and consisting of a half-dozen or so hairs. "brush made only from the most resilient strands, $110.00"

Is that the opposite of the HMB? Sounds awful lol. Do you have a picture?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's like "all natural"
It's an advertising slogan that means absolutely nothing, and which is impossible to quantify or verify.

I disagree....the brush should last for a few decades. I am going on my high mountain from whipped dog and it is taking shave after shave after shave to get the tips soft. Some are starting to split. Great brush. It will get better over time.

The tips on your badger brush are "splitting"? Can't say I've heard of that before.

I've seen several so called named "HMW" knots from different vendors and sources from America and China. There is no standard at all from those I've seen. Sometimes the Chinese vendors name them HMW and sometimes the importer chooses to name their procured knot HMW. Sometimes they seem like high end 2 band finest knots and sometimes they are a high end silvertip. Best thing to do is make sure you are familiar with who is sourcing and naming them so that you know what you are getting.

Top Bottom