What's new

Queen Charlotte Soap | Shampoo Bar

Hey, guys.

I was just wondering if anyone has used, or currently uses, QCS Shampoo bars? If so, how do you like them?

I just ordered 2 bars, Peppermint Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Lavender. Really excited to try them out as I've never tried shampoo bars before.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Hey, guys.

I was just wondering if anyone has used, or currently uses, QCS Shampoo bars? If so, how do you like them?

I just ordered 2 bars, Peppermint Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Lavender. Really excited to try them out as I've never tried shampoo bars before.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I have only used the bath soap (and shaving soap). There is a very good thread here on the sub-forum detailing someones year with QCS bath and shampoo bars.

I do not have the link, but a search should turn it up.

Queen Charlotte shampoo bars are top notch. I've been using them for about a year now, you can't go wrong. Mike's are good too but, they're always sold out. Give the shampoo bar a week for your hair adjust to no chemicals. After that you'll never want to go back to regular shampoo.

QCS shampoo bars are nice; I've enjoyed a couple in the past.
My only complaint is that the nice scent very quickly diminished.
Perhaps I should have kept it covered?

Queen Charlotte shampoo bars are top notch. I've been using them for about a year now, you can't go wrong. Mike's are good too but, they're always sold out. Give the shampoo bar a week for your hair adjust to no chemicals. After that you'll never want to go back to regular shampoo.

What Nuke said. +1 :thumbup:

I've used shampoo bars for several years and won't go back to commercial bottled shampoos. As Nuke said, you have to give your shampoo bar a few days for the shampoo bar to clean all the commercial goo off your hair. Stick with it.

I used them for awhile and really liked the tea tree bar. However, I didn't find them to be special enough to keep ordering them. For me, I really couldn't tell that much difference between the bars and the shampoo I normally use. If my job still required me to be on the road a lot, I'd probably still use them as it's awfully convenient to put a bar in your Dopp kit.

I have been looking at this stuff for months. My wife has been complaining about how her hair feels, and I couldn't convince her to not wash her hair daily. She was very interested in the shampoo bar idea though. We finally ordered them, and they arrived today. I'm excited to try them. [MENTION=108829]newportjon[/MENTION] have you any light to shed on this since you have had a couple months with them now? Do you use conditioner also or just the bar? Anyone have experience trying to wash out oil pomades with these?

I have been looking at this stuff for months. My wife has been complaining about how her hair feels, and I couldn't convince her to not wash her hair daily. She was very interested in the shampoo bar idea though. We finally ordered them, and they arrived today. I'm excited to try them. [MENTION=108829]newportjon[/MENTION] have you any light to shed on this since you have had a couple months with them now? Do you use conditioner also or just the bar? Anyone have experience trying to wash out oil pomades with these?

Initially her hair will feel sticky as the natural ingredients of the shampoo bar slowly removes the buildup of chemicals on her hair. It will take several days of use to rid herself of sticky hair.

A rinse of 1 cup of apple cider vinegar will help make her hair less sticky.

Once all the build-up is gone, she can go to every other day shampooing.

I have used the shampoo bars in the past, and I really enjoyed them. They last FOREVER, so they ended up being quite a bit cheaper than my normal shampoo.

BTW, the bath bars are great too, and the company is a pleasure to deal with.

Top Bottom