What's new

The Veg: Am I chosen?

Most assuredly you are chosen! Good for you!

Thanks for pushing me toward the inevitable!

The bottle will be on it's way to Triggerman in the morning, but I'm going to decant just a little into glass before I box it up. You know...just in case...😉

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You can decant the Veg in glass for MONTHS and it will still smell like the Veg. :tongue_sm

I keep hoping to open the bottle and smell lilacs, but no ... just the acrid tang of urinal cake and feminine deodorant spray. :lol:

AA

First of all...nothing we do here makes any kind of financial sense. A month or so ago I just spent two sawbucks on sniffing a bunch of colognes, perfumes, and aftershaves. A pass-around box that is going on in the fragrance forum).

The first time I tried the Veg I was like you. I rather liked it but not something I wanted to wear day in and day out. The wife hated it even. Anyway...I won a bottle in a PIF from @<a href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php?u=93851" target="_blank">Al_S</a> and the caveat was that you had to do a Video review...which I enjoyed doing See Below for video I uploaded to YouTube...I have yet to do another one...maybe I should. I kept the bottle (later put in a PIF box) and decided to continue the tradition of the video PIF and Veg. I think it went on to a few people like that and then the videos died off.

Anyway...I think you are Chosen.

love the review!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pretty much the same view of the Veg. I like it, but don't often want to smell so flowery. I get powdery lilacs with some damp earth. Not unpleasant at all. I do use it a couple times a month.
Good on you for keeping a bit - you might find yourself in the mood for it on occasion. :001_smile
I just used it last night - Soap was SCS Fairway (kind of a grass and faint rose), Thayers Rose and finished with the Veg. Guess I was in a flower mood. LOL

I always liked the way it smells, but it would not last all day. I started looking at fragrances and trying to pair up aftershaves and fragrances but could never find anything to work with the Veg. Finally another member, Lmarkow, told me he liked it with Guerlain Vetiver.

Long story short, I bought the Geurlain Vetiver and I can't get enough of the combination. The sum is greater than the parts. I'm finding I like other vetivers and they go great with the veg!

I didn' find it repulsive. Not MY scent but OK anyway.

Until my wife got into the room...

- Arghhh, what's that smell?

- It's me. I've tried the Veg...

- The cat urine thing?

- Yes, you like it?

- Nooo!!!

And that was it...

I didn' find it repulsive. Not MY scent but OK anyway.

Until my wife got into the room...

- Arghhh, what's that smell?

- It's me. I've tried the Veg...

- The cat urine thing?

- Yes, you like it?

- Nooo!!!

And that was it...
So are you saving it for when she really pizzes you off? :tongue_sm

Chosen!

It's a good bargain. The rest of us unchosen would have to die, have our dead bodies filled with embalming fluid, and get it peed all over by a Tomcat in order to get what the chosen can have for $8! Congratulations!

UPDATE!

Just as I finished my evening shave, the delivery man showed up.
As I was opening the box, it was very evident what was inside! During shipping, a TINY bit leaked out from the cap. Just enough to produce a few tiny beads of liquid around the neck of the bottle.
HOLY CRAP!!!
Is this stuff fantastic! Even while cutting the tape on the box, I was able to smell the sweet fragrance. It smelled like there was a lilac bush stuffed in the box! As I pulled the bottle out of the box, some of the sweet, green nectar that had leaked got on my fingers. As good as the scent was in the box, it smelled even better on my skin. As I was inhaling deeply, and sniffing my fingers... my kids walked in. I just knew that they would hate it. That's just the kind of luck I have. I find something that I love, and they will hate it.
Surprisingly, they too liked the scent. My next hurdle was the love of my life. She cautiously sniffed the bottle and gave me a funny look. I quickly told her to smell my fingers. I got another look.
She, even more cautiously now, smelled my extended fingers. She smiled and informed me that it smelled nice. That sealed the deal. I opened the bottle and filled my palm with this nectar provided from the Pinaud Gods. I splashed it all over my face and again inhaled deeply. This is love at first smell! Like springtime in a bottle. This is one AS that I will wear very frequently.
Thank you so much [MENTION=109551]Unleaded[/MENTION]! This will be worn frequently and with PRIDE! The Veg now has the most prominent position in the den.

UPDATE!

Just as I finished my evening shave, the delivery man showed up.
As I was opening the box, it was very evident what was inside! During shipping, a TINY bit leaked out from the cap. Just enough to produce a few tiny beads of liquid around the neck of the bottle.
HOLY CRAP!!!
Is this stuff fantastic! Even while cutting the tape on the box, I was able to smell the sweet fragrance. It smelled like there was a lilac bush stuffed in the box! As I pulled the bottle out of the box, some of the sweet, green nectar that had leaked got on my fingers. As good as the scent was in the box, it smelled even better on my skin. As I was inhaling deeply, and sniffing my fingers... my kids walked in. I just knew that they would hate it. That's just the kind of luck I have. I find something that I love, and they will hate it.
Surprisingly, they too liked the scent. My next hurdle was the love of my life. She cautiously sniffed the bottle and gave me a funny look. I quickly told her to smell my fingers. I got another look.
She, even more cautiously now, smelled my extended fingers. She smiled and informed me that it smelled nice. That sealed the deal. I opened the bottle and filled my palm with this nectar provided from the Pinaud Gods. I splashed it all over my face and again inhaled deeply. This is love at first smell! Like springtime in a bottle. This is one AS that I will wear very frequently.
Thank you so much [MENTION=109551]Unleaded[/MENTION]! This will be worn frequently and with PRIDE! The Veg now has the most prominent position in the den.

Ok, I think I should finally give this stuff a try. LOL.

Today I received a full 12oz bottle of the Veg in a vintage green Veg bottle. I'm very excited to showcase the Veg on my shaving counter. It's the perfect time of year for the Veg!

Top Bottom