What's new

Stiff Peaks

A while ago, I received a very considerate gift from a vendor with whom I had just signed a contract. He sent a razor handle from Elite Razors, one that was Lapis/Malachite. I looked at it, appreciated it, and put it away. As nice as it was, it just wasn't my style.

However, I don't like to have things that I won't use, so I contacted Robert at Elite Razors and arranged for an exchange. I asked for a beehive style in Amboyna Burl with a 2-band badger knot. I use boar brushes almost exclusively and so I asked him to set it low to ensure plenty of backbone, hopefully without getting "flingy". He made for me a wonderful, beautiful 24/46 beehive brush:

$Burl_Badger.jpeg

I've used it about two dozen times and it's breaking in and blooming nicely, with not one hair lost. On a recent morning, I saw something that I've never seen before: when loading my Stirling Bay Rum, the brush pulled some stiff peaks right off the soap:

$Elite_Brush_Peaks.jpg

If you've had the same, post your pics*! In the meantime, I'm just going to continue to enjoy this brush...

*The first pic is from before the final coats of sealant, so the brush is a bit darker, but not quite as dark as in the second shot. Either way, I think it's lovely.

Lovely brush. I've seen those peeks with Mystic water soaps as well. I thinks it the tallow heavy formula. Those peeks are an indication of awesome lather to follow.

Top Bottom