proxy.php
Have a splendid evening, gents!

Sunday Shave - Single Edge Sunday
Gem Micro Matic Bullet Tip / Dept Store Carbon Steel
Caties Bubbles - La Terre Verte
Comet Superfine Badger
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
Jordache Old Spice Copy

The Catite's Bubbles is a decent performing soap but I did not have the most comfortable shave this morning. I believe it was the the Carbon blade in the MMBT, being somewhat dull after one use.

proxy.php

Sunday SOTD :: April 17, 2016

Pre-shave oil: Beaver WoodWright
Soap: Beaver WoodWright Ghost Ship
Brush: The Holy Black Trading Co. synthetic
Razor: Schick Paul Revere Injector
Blade: Schick (1)
Splash: Humphreys Witch Hazel Lilac
After Shave: Beaver WoodWright Ghost Ship
After Shave Balm: Nivea

I just got the Paul Revere on Friday via my first use of the BST (thanks Heath/redrider_99) and decided to try out this nice looking injector today. The L5 is not an aggressive razor which is good because its length and shape make it a bit awkward. Even after I found its balance point the handling of the razor was sometimes challenging. The soap was thick, slick and had fine cushion (as I've come to expect from BW) but I think I need to work at using an injector. The shave was fine and felt very close but it is not as lasting as with a DE. Also, maybe due to the razor's shape, I found that my touch wasn't as light as I wanted, as the alum bar let me know. I've got a lot of injectors and SEs to try but I think the rest of this week is going to be Gillettes and maybe my EJ and one of the Merkurs.

$20160417_180936 (2).jpg
Hope all of you have great shaves in the upcoming week.

Good Sunday to you gents. Nice posts and photos for the final day of what has turned out to be a fantastic theme (Thanks Cash) If any of you gents have an idea for a theme week, please let me know as we would love to try it out and get it into the schedule. New Theme - "Ad Slick Week" Always proves to be a blast and allows some real creativity. It will be up at around 8:30 PM US Mountain time - Enjoy the remainder of your day.
Thanks, Dave. :001_smile

Good Evening Gents.
Well what can we say, it has been an OUTSTANDING week here on the SOTD.

We wanted to sincerely thank CASH for the great idea for a theme.

As echoed by everyone it was nice to see all the unique topography and areas we all live in. You folks are what make the SOTD a joy to be a part of each and every week, and I know we have said it before and we will keep saying it.

Thank Your for being members of Badger & Blade and for supporting the SOTD Forum.

The New theme will be up in just a bit.

Have a Great Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom