What's new

Kampfe bros. Star safety razor info

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum but have been reading posts on here for quite some time. I am a wet shaver and enjoy reading what others with the same interest have to say. I recently picked up a Kampfe bros. star safety razor set in a leather box that I would like to see if I could get some information on. I am having a hard time finding much about this particular kit. Inside the box is purple lined and says Kampf Bros. Traveling. Any information would be helpful. $KIMG0246.jpg$KIMG0245 (1).jpg$KIMG0247.jpg$KIMG0248.jpg$KIMG0249 (1).jpg

Welcome to Badger&Blade! Venture over to the Single Edge sub-forum, in Safety razors. If you search that area, I'm sure you'll find plenty of info regarding the Kampfe Bros. And while you're here in the Clinic, don't forget to start an Introduction Thread. We'd love to hear more about you!

You have a Kampfe Bros. Star "New Model" 1902 razor in a travelling set. The 1902 refers to the patent date, your set was likely manufactured circa 1906. The razor has blade stops, meaning that modern single edge blades can be used, although the wedge blades you have appear to be in good shape and could be honed into shaving condition.

Welcome to B&B!

--Bob

Thanks everyone for the welcoming and thanks for the information. It is a very interesting piece. I do see a little info. Here and there but not Much on the traveling sets. I'm gonna have to clean her up and take a whack with it lol

Welcome to Badger&Blade! Venture over to the Single Edge sub-forum, in Safety razors. If you search that area, I'm sure you'll find plenty of info regarding the Kampfe Bros. And while you're here in the Clinic, don't forget to start an Introduction Thread. We'd love to hear more about you!
When was the 'new' model first put on the market? Was it 1900 or 1901?

Top Bottom