What's new

Another new Razor from Above the Tie.

There has been some "chatter" (even from me) about a new razor from ATT. For the record the talk it is true. We will be rolling out our version of the timeless Single Edge razor (SE). This will be a stainless razor that will use Kai or Feather type artisan blades like the Cobra and Mongoose.
Phase one will be the introduction of our "standard" head SE while phase two will be the introduction of a Slant SE model. To my knowledge, no one offers a Slant SE so I decided it would be fun to create one.
Below is a very crude drawing (by me) of what the handle of this new razor may look like. I am favoring the one on the bottom.
I certainly hope this will be another razor that many of you will try and enjoy. My goal is to one at the Big Shave West 2 for display. Of course there will be the need for some trials and early reviews as in the past before offering it for sale.

Attachments

• $DSCN5017.jpg
    $DSCN5017.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 988
Great start! Anxiously awaiting more news. I like the bottom handle as is looks like an extreme bamboo design which is fitting for a Feather considering it's country of origin. Slant head would also be interesting. Put me on the list for testers.

An SE Slant is an interesting idea Stan. Do you envision a "twisted" blade design for the slant so it is under tension? I would think a Feather Pro blade slightly torqued should provide a chatter-free shave for the coarsest of beards.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Looking forward to another ATT Sir! I'd favor the bottom handle as well, less creases for soap to build up in. I can also hope(dream) that they will be set apart from the competition by being somewhat shorter and lighter than the others. Let me know if you aren't already oversubscribed for testers

cannot ask to be a tester as I am in India, but full faith in your product
can we sign up to buy one as and when available,
Raj K

I look forward to this in a big way. Stan, are you considering an open comb SE? I've used all of your open comb DEs and love the look and feel. Moreover, I haven't seen an open comb SE since the MMOC.

I look forward to this in a big way. Stan, are you considering an open comb SE? I've used all of your open comb DEs and love the look and feel. Moreover, I haven't seen an open comb SE since the MMOC.

That is a possibility, due to the blade being so narrow I am not sure if we could make it work. We will explore that idea more once we have a working model.

That is a possibility, due to the blade being so narrow I am not sure if we could make it work. We will explore that idea more once we have a working model.

Thanks for the response, Stan. I understand the challenge, but the visual and lather-recycling benefit of even a very short comb is compelling to yours truly. Your H2 is my overall favorite razor, and the S2 gets a lot of airplay also. Let me know if I can help with testing.

Hi Stan,

Just curious on two things. 1) Will the handle fit the existing line of ATT razors? 2) Might the new razor setup fit in the ATT travel case?

Best,
John

Very cool. I have all the current ATT head and handle offerings. I can't wait to add this new one to the rotation.

Hi Stan,

Just curious on two things. 1) Will the handle fit the existing line of ATT razors? 2) Might the new razor setup fit in the ATT travel case?

Best,
John

Yes, The new bamboo handle is 3.5 inches and will fit any ATT head. This razor will fit in the existing travel case.
We finished the razor drawings today.
Stan

I love SE razors and am watching this with great anticipation! Another vote for the bottom handle--and offer for a tester! :w00t:

Here is an initial layout of the new Above the Tie SE razor.
Sorry, the photo could have been better. (Yes this is my desk). Additional photos will come. The official reveal will be at the Big Shave West 2, April 23rd. in Pasadena.
Some testers will be needed. Questions concerning Solid Bar, Open Comb plates
and variable aggression plates are open to consideration. It will depend largely on consumer demand.

Attachments

• $DSCN5035.jpg
    $DSCN5035.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 810
Looks awesome! I like the thin head, and that bottom plate could vary like your DE. I can see how that slant idea would work with this design. Sign me up!

Great looking handle. Definitely more bamboo looking than the other bamboo handles out there. Grip might be a problem, but enough nodes on it keep it under control. The head, once machined down looks like a good size. This is starting to get exciting!

Top Bottom