What's new

Another new Razor from Above the Tie.

What? So a person can post here but not on another forum? I am not quite sure what the mods admins are thinking, but to me this makes no sense. Can a Mod or admin explain this please?

I'm not a mod but I do know that this thread hasn't been removed because it's in the Vendor forum. If Stan wasn't a vendor this thread would have been removed as well. It would be nice to have merged the information into this thread though or moved it instead of getting rid of it. It provided much better information.

Vendors pay a healthy yearly fee (I believe it's $500) for being a vendor here so I suspect that you can post your reviews here about the razors. I do see your point though as these threads are also available to all site users to read, just not under the razors forum, so why not let that one go if the same information can be here as well? I guess they are trying to keep all of the vendor information in one area as it would be easier to manage that way. If you pay the vendor fee, then you get a spot a vendor forum in which you can do some advertising and new product promotion in. You still don't get to do whatever you want anywhere else in the site but you have some additional privileges there.

At least that's what I took away from the response above.

I don't want to get slammed with advertising but personally I do enjoy reading about new products and hearing reviews on them, even if they may change before they get to me. Especially from vendors here that are supporting the site. Usually these products get some feedback in from the test users and either change for the better or don't change at all. I really haven't seen any new products make a change for the worse after getting some good feedback. Plus, I know that there's a possibility that it could change when reading the review so I do have the option of waiting for some version 2 reviews after it's released.

Personally, I just look for full disclosure in the review. If a product was loaned, gifted or sold at a reduced rate for review then just state that in the review and I can take it into consideration when reading it.

Another update.

We will be receiving an allotment today which make it possible to process the first lot of razors this evening. The Bamboo SE1 will start shipping tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Shipments to individual customers will be processed in the order of their purchase. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Once the decision was made produce this razor the path to production was quick. We were able to move from my drawing on a note pad to a deliverable product in a very short time. We take great pride in that.
I personally want to thank the various testers for their time and input. They receive no compensation for their time (No they do not receive free razors etc.) but their opinions are very important to the product you will see now and products you will see in the future.

We will start a full integration of the Bamboo SE1 razor into our complete product line very soon. This will allow you to chose an Atlas SE1 or a Bamboo H2 or any other configuration just like our other razors.

Now, on to the next thing...

Stan

Nice work Stan, I suspect I'll be ordering one soon. I was just waiting for the option of a different handle or to purchase the base plate and cap without a handle.

Hopefully the next thing will be the Bamboo razor in M, R and H levels of aggression.

Another update.

We will be receiving an allotment today which make it possible to process the first lot of razors this evening. The Bamboo SE1 will start shipping tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Shipments to individual customers will be processed in the order of their purchase. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Once the decision was made produce this razor the path to production was quick. We were able to move from my drawing on a note pad to a deliverable product in a very short time. We take great pride in that.
I personally want to thank the various testers for their time and input. They receive no compensation for their time (No they do not receive free razors etc.) but their opinions are very important to the product you will see now and products you will see in the future.

We will start a full integration of the Bamboo SE1 razor into our complete product line very soon. This will allow you to chose an Atlas SE1 or a Bamboo H2 or any other configuration just like our other razors.

Now, on to the next thing...

Stan

Saw the email it is (in the process of) being shipped, looking forward to my first ATT razor....thanks!!!

I've been following this thread since the first post. I've recently started using some vintage SE's and found them to be great shavers, so this piqued my interest. I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing one, though I'm sorely tempted. I'm mainly posting to say that from the initial post you've done an amazing job of keeping us all informed of the development of this razor, as well as addressing possible concerns regarding testing and reviews. That kind of openness is not the norm in my experience, so I wanted to thank you, Stan, for setting a high standard. I'm impressed, and look forward to seeing what comes next. :thumbup1:

We are still shipping out our Bamboo SE1 razors. We are doing it in batches as we receive stock. Currently we are waiting on more caps. The response to the SE has been amazing. Thanks to all who have purchased our newest offering. The razor remains in back order status because we have not been able to catch up. It is a good problem to have.
You will know when your order is being processed because when we print your shipping label you will receive an email providing your tracking info.

Stan,

I don't know if this is an answerable question. I have always been a fan of your razors and found the R1 and S2 to suit my face best. I used the H1 for a period of time but it is really too aggressive for me to use daily. How would you compare the SE1 in terms of aggression to your DE razors?

Thank you

Stan,

I don't know if this is an answerable question. I have always been a fan of your razors and found the R1 and S2 to suit my face best. I used the H1 for a period of time but it is really too aggressive for me to use daily. How would you compare the SE1 in terms of aggression to your DE razors?

Thank you

That is a good question. The Atlas has been my daily driver for some time. Since our Bamboo SE1 was produced I have used it exclusively since. It has become my favorite shaver. The artisan blades are much stiffer and produce a totally different shaving experience. Those who have used SE's artisan blades know what I mean. The wider blade also is a different sensation, which I enjoy. I wold say the efficiency on my face would be the same as the R1 but the smoothness or mildness of the M1.
Hope that helps. Hopefully some more guys can chime in with their experiences.

That is a good question. The Atlas has been my daily driver for some time. Since our Bamboo SE1 was produced I have used it exclusively since. It has become my favorite shaver. The artisan blades are much stiffer and produce a totally different shaving experience. Those who have used SE's artisan blades know what I mean. The wider blade also is a different sensation, which I enjoy. I wold say the efficiency on my face would be the same as the R1 but the smoothness or mildness of the M1.

Efficiency of the R1 with the smoothness of the M1. Sounds like alchemy to me, Stan. Like "Melts in your mouth, but not in your hands." :lol:

Almost like magic........

garyg

B&B membership has its percs

I've found the SE1 to be very mild, very smooth. Certainly less aggressive than either the H2 or S2's that I have had.

Here are some photos of our new SE1 razor razor head fitted with other ATT handles. These combinations are available for purchase on our site now.

Attachments

• $DSCN5262.jpg
    $DSCN5262.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 223
  • $DSCN5265.jpg
    $DSCN5265.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 214
  • $DSCN5269.jpg
    $DSCN5269.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 221
  • $DSCN5268.jpg
    $DSCN5268.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 222
Stan,

Thanks for coming out with all the other mix and match options so quickly on the SE1. I am seriously looking at the head only option right now just to same some money, but got to find some money first.

Stan,

Thanks for coming out with all the other mix and match options so quickly on the SE1. I am seriously looking at the head only option right now just to same some money, but got to find some money first.

You are welcome. Bringing this new razor to market was a challenge as it was a real departure form other razor I have designed. Also, I did not test shave with a Cobra nor a Mongoose because I did nit want to be overly influenced by them. A few years ago I did shave once with a vintage EverReady. When designing the SE1 my goal was to blend that experience with the shaving feel our DE razors provide. The process is harder than it looks bit I am pleased with the results.
We have now integrated our SE1 head with the rest of our shaving line. Our goal was to do this in a timely manor so our customer would have more combinations to pick from.
I am glad to hear so many positive comments from so many satisfied customers. That is confirmation to me that we getting it right most of the time.
Thanks for buying from us.
Stan

My Kronos SE1 is on its way to me. This will be my first SE and I'm really looking forward to trying it out. The only razors I use now are the R1 and S1 and I expect the SE1 to shave just as well for me as the others.

When is the SE2 coming? ;)

I have been giving that some thought. There are a number of things that can be done from this new platform. At this moment I am working on another razor project. It is something that has been on my mind for a long time. However, I hear you. I do try to listen to comments from wet shavers such as yourself. In the past comments from customers have resulted in new offerings from us.

Top Bottom