What's new

Hair loss around the whorl

Hi!

I'm 23 years old and already have some gray hair. I also notice that I have some hair loss around the whorl and I really don't like it. I don't care about gray hair as long as I don't get bald :lol: I think the problem is genetics and also some stress however I would like to hear anyone who has had or have the same problem. Do you have any recommendations or use any products to slow down the hair loss? I've tried the shampoos from Dercos for awhile but didn't noticed any improvements. I was advised to use Johnson's Baby products because they are less aggressive than other shampoos.

So, anyone is suffer from the same? Tell me your tips and tricks!

I suffered from male pattern baldness until I shaved my head. now I shave for twice as long and enjoy it twice as much.
go see your dermatologist and ask about rogaine. there's otc as well as rx available now.

Hi!

I'm 23 years old and already have some gray hair. I also notice that I have some hair loss around the whorl and I really don't like it. I don't care about gray hair as long as I don't get bald :lol: I think the problem is genetics and also some stress however I would like to hear anyone who has had or have the same problem. Do you have any recommendations or use any products to slow down the hair loss? I've tried the shampoos from Dercos for awhile but didn't noticed any improvements. I was advised to use Johnson's Baby products because they are less aggressive than other shampoos.

So, anyone is suffer from the same? Tell me your tips and tricks!

Pretty much the only thing that really works from what I've read is propecia. I belive rogaine only slows things down.

Everything I've ever read says only 2 things are medically proven to work, minoxidil and finastride. I wouldn't mess with the side effects of Propecia, and minoxidil is cheap as hell on amazon.

Just for tbe record, minoxidil was originally a heart medication, it's a vasodilator. A side effect was that it would cause hair growth in odd places, like black hairs on your tongue, no kidding here. Somebody got the idea that it could be used for hair loss because of this, and it works, it's just not the intended useage. Keep in mind you're applying it topically, and I think it's only a 5% solution, so I wouldn't be too terribly worried about using it. Nonetheless, it does have other side effects when taking the tablets, the most serious being damage to the heart. My whorl is a lot thinner than it used to be, but I won't touch the stuff. It's been on the market for a long time as a topical med as well, so it's probably safe for most people. Read up on it before using it though, as you should with any medication. Not trying to scare anybody, just sharing my knowledge.

A little knowledge is a dangerous weapon...

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to not let this topic veer into "medical advice" territory. Keep it simple, and of course to the OP...always visit your doctor if you need advice on any treatment protocol beyond OTC products. :thumbup1:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to not let this topic veer into "medical advice" territory. Keep it simple, and of course to the OP...always visit your doctor if you need advice on any treatment protocol beyond OTC products. :thumbup1:

My apologies.

Just for tbe record, minoxidil was originally a heart medication, it's a vasodilator. A side effect was that it would cause hair growth in odd places, like black hairs on your tongue, no kidding here. Somebody got the idea that it could be used for hair loss because of this

A little knowledge is a dangerous weapon...

sorry I had to titter at that bit about hair growth in the odd places I'm on heart meds and mine just don't give me hair growth its taking it away my hair on my chest and legs is thinning quite a lot but the bit that makes me mad is why don't it work on my face so I don't have to shave and have a perm bbs skin in that area ohhhh well that's life
but I would not worry about hair loss I had a mate who was bald by the age of 19
I would go see your doctor he will point you in the right direction on treatment that is your best action

In all seriousness if minoxidil actually made a noticeable improvement in anyone but the pharma company's "proven results" all us guys would drink the stuff lol. While my experiences are limited to the half dozen ppl I know who've used it not a single person saw any benefit from it.

There is only ONE solution to hair loss (set as low as it goes in order to take EVERYTHING off),we are very lucky cause this style is widely endorsed and accepted these days.Women find it sexy and it is extremely low maintenance too,I also believe that ALL men look better with a buzz cut.:001_smile

proxy.php

I started balding at 17: it was a EDIT to me for many years. Mine got to a certain point and stopped but it was too much to pass off.

Believe it or not women dislike a balding guy more than they dislike a guy who shaves his head. There's a sense of strength and personal power about it that, if nothing else, earns respect.

Most guys are terrified of a shaved head because they assume it'll screw up their sex lives and options. That is not true. Some women love the look, and sir you are but one man.

I'm very intelligent and I stay in shape. Now I am not nor ever have been huge or ripped. But I have... Wait for it... Power. I pressed 425lbs twice a few weeks ago. I superset decline sit ups with 65lbs on my lower chest with cable crunches with the whole stack five to seven sets. I curl 90lbs dumbbells. I do speed rope for conditioning. For a man several years out of high school I'm in great shape relatively. EDIT

The electric razor on the burr made me look even older. Go look at Steve Austin as The Ringmaster before he was Stone Cold. I can pass off as 7 or so years younger than I am. And I do it.

My sincere suggestion is to shave it off, get 15 or so tanning sessions to even out your head, and give it a month or two to settle in with you and those around you. Get a gym membership too, it helps.

Don't do what I and so many others did and waste years being ashamed and insecure. Life is short my friend.

The Game by Neil Strauss is a good read too.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only ONE solution to hair loss (set as low as it goes in order to take EVERYTHING off),we are very lucky cause this style is widely endorsed and accepted these days.Women find it sexy and it is extremely low maintenance too,I also believe that ALL men look better with a buzz cut.:001_smile

proxy.php
That's my personal style as well. Like a monkey ready to be shot into space!

Just rock it dude! Can't live with it? Cut it off. I put the #1 on the clippers every Monday. Not balding, but very fine, can't do anything with it hair. Got tired of messing with it many, many years ago and rocked a buzz since.

Buzz it with good clippers. I recently bought Oster Model 10 clippers. Huge improvement of the cheap Wahl clippers they replaced. The clippers came with a 000 blade and I recently got a 00000 blade. I need to trim my head more often. Right now i do it once a week. Should do it every few days.

Take my words with a grain of salt. For what it's worth there is no point in fighting Nature. Everything loses. Embrace the hand you've been dealt, you'll be happier for it.

On an side note. Hair loss is the least of a man's concerns when dealing with women. You could be bald or balding but the deal breaker is typically your confidence level. Many men with full heads of hair still have trouble with women because of lack of confidence. If you are completely sure of yourself, it projects, women can pick up on that and your hair isn't a major factor at that point.

For example, yesterday I went straight from the rock climbing gym to a high end clothing store looking for shave supplies based on a lead from a local. I entered the establishment in olive drab tactical pants, a dark blue long sleeve shirt and a pair of black Vibram five finger shoes. I was covered in white chalk and my hair is super curly and was a complete mess at that point.

I acted confident during my encounter with the lovely ladies working there and they were totally vibing me despite my appearance. I was later invited to one of the girls get togethers that night.

Did I go? No, I'm a happily married man, but it felt nice.

Moral of the long story, is confidence is more important than hair.

proxy.php

This!

Top Bottom