What's new

What I Bought Monday Sept 19 - Sunday Sept 25

A ha! Some stuff in the mail today. Ignore the price on the Vetiver, I didn't pay anywhere near that.

A quick sniff.... First ever Vetyver experience - WOW! This stuff might be the perfect fall scent. Taylor Sandalwwod... Not so sure. I will wear it tomrrow to give it a proper chance.

Scotto said:
A ha! Some stuff in the mail today. Ignore the price on the Vetiver, I didn't pay anywhere near that.

A quick sniff.... First ever Vetyver experience - WOW! This stuff might be the perfect fall scent. Taylor Sandalwwod... Not so sure. I will wear it tomrrow to give it a proper chance.
Scotto,
Tell me that the L'Occitane Vetiver is nothing short of HEAVENLY!

full

The black tubs are self explanatory, the glass bowl holds a T&H Shaving Soap, and the str8 is a Robeson!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
rtaylor61 said:
full

The black tubs are self explanatory, the glass bowl holds a T&H Shaving Soap, and the str8 is a Robeson!

Randy

Randy,
Very nice, you going to shave 3 times in one day now!!

Art,

Won't need 3 shaves, I'll do like you do...1805 on the left cheek, Trafalgar on the right cheek, and use the soap on my neck!

Randy

Hello Scotto,

Yes, do report back on the L'Occitane (how does one pronounce this anyway?) Vetiver. Ron does speak highly of it. And it is reasonably priced as well.

Right now, I have some C-M Vetiver (discontinued; got a bottle courtesy of Randy). Considering Creed Original Vetiver, L'Occitane and Floris.

I try my Creed sample tomorrow. I might try L'Occitane next time I am at The Shops in Willow Bend on the other side of town. Maybe the next Floris sale will feature Vetiver. Ah, the possibilities!

I love the Taylor Sandalwood; perfect with Taylor Sandalwood shave cream. I like their talc as well. Let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Scotto,

Yes, do report back on the L'Occitane (how does one pronounce this anyway?) Vetiver. Ron does speak highly of it. And it is reasonably priced as well.

Right now, I have some C-M Vetiver (discontinued; got a bottle courtesy of Randy). Considering Creed Original Vetiver, L'Occitane and Floris.

I try my Creed sample tomorrow. I might try L'Occitane next time I am at The Shops in Willow Bend on the other side of town. Maybe the next Floris sale will feature Vetiver. Ah, the possibilities!

I love the Taylor Sandalwood; perfect with Taylor Sandalwood shave cream. I like their talc as well. Let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I am planning on wearing the L'Occitane (no idea on pronounciation) Vetyver tomorrow. My trial wrist spritz yesterday left me very impressed. It was the most excited I have been about a new fragrance in a while. Stay tuned for tomorrow's review.

I am wearing the Taylor's Sandalwood today. Interesting stuff. I feel very upper crust, if that makes any sense. I think for me it might be behind the C&E Sandalwood, which is a bit "zippier" and more lively IMO. We shall see how it progresses throughout the day. I was fairly parsimonious since it was a new scent for me, and I didn't want to become The Walking Cloud of Sandalwood at work. :117:

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Scotto,

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Locks i ten

full

Hat's off to Em at Em's Place (www.emsplace.com) on top notch service, and quick shipping. Ordered
this weekend and received today! Merkur Blades, Strengthening and Minty Mint Shaving Rounds,
Lavender All Purpose Facial and Body Cream and Exotic Butter Cream (Joel, you are right, the Butter
Cream does wonders as a lip balm).

Thanks Em!

Randy

Rik and Ron twisted my arm to get the pine and cedar shave stick from QED. Hopefully they are still in stock. I took the opportunity to toss in a Taylor's Rose cream to complete my non-cologne-scented Taylor inventory. Also had to re-up on the DaVinci water, which is running dangerously low.

Pine and cedarwood shave stick, Taylor's Rose, and some more DaVinci H20 from Charles.

Ron - what is the Harris pink like?

Top Bottom