What's new

Nespresso Pixie

So I finally bit the bullet.

Always wanted an espresso machine at home. But with the 1-3 drinks I'd have a day maximum. I always figured keeping the bean, grinding etc, and having the machine take up counter space would be a hassle. After all fresh ground would always be preferred and I didn't want bean to sit there and dry up over time.

With my tax refund I picked up a Nespresso Pixie, figuring the sealed capsules, would let me horde them and I won't have to worry as much on the machine and grind sitting idle.

Needless to say, it's been 3 days since I got the machine and the 250 capsules "welcome offer" and I honestly am kicking myself for not buying it sooner.

Dimitri

I've had a Nespresso for a couple years now and like it. It suits just fine for days I don't have time to grind and make a shot (I have a ROK). I work in a corporate flight department and two of our airplanes have them or at least it's a machine that uses the nespresso pods. I will say this, do yourself a favor and stick with the Nespresso pods, I tried a variety of the Gourmesso and every one of the eight I tried was horrible, plus the shot never came out right because the sizing is just a little off.

Always wanted an espresso machine at home. But with the 1-3 drinks I'd have a day maximum. I always figured keeping the bean, grinding etc, and having the machine take up counter space would be a hassle.
All depends on the individual. I typically have 2 lattes a day and I've been very happy the machine and grinder approach for about 16 years. Beans are no problem either. You can freeze beans if you can't use everything you purchase within 2 weeks.

However, if one wants convenience as a priority above all else then single serve machines are the way to go.

Where are the pics? :)

The first cup it brew. Next to Anna's Kitchenaid I got her for Christmas.

$Nesspresso.jpg

I will say this, do yourself a favor and stick with the Nespresso pods, I tried a variety of the Gourmesso and every one of the eight I tried was horrible, plus the shot never came out right because the sizing is just a little off.

I have been very pleased with the flavors out of the different Espresso blends that Nestle has made for the machine.

Got the machine, tried like 4 cups of goodness in the starter pack, and then said "screw" it and got the 250 capsule set to try them all the next evening at the Nespresso Boutique in Yorkdale Mall.

If I was not pleased with the selection Nestle had I might have tried aftermarket choices, but it was one of those things. Too good to bother trying an alternative. And although the system is "expensive" at like $0.80 a cup, it's still far cheaper then buying espresso at a coffee shop so the price isn't that big of a deal.

However, if one wants convenience as a priority above all else then single serve machines are the way to go.

Less about convenience and more about me not being a morning person. So my drip coffee machine never got used, as it took too long before I end up running out the door.

I know I am a bad person. :001_unsur

Dimitri

Top Bottom