What's new

Lentheric

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has any info/advice/thoughts on the subject of Lentheric Aftershave Lotion. I cannot find the current version of what used to be (in the mid twentieth century) Lentheric Aftershave Lotion. Vintage advertisements from the 1940's and 1950's are for sale on Ebay, but I cannot locate the aftershave itself. Can anyone please briefly explain the history of Lentheric Aftershave and can you tell me where I might find it, or the current version of it (or it's closest replica)? Maybe expand on its fragrance a little?

Thank you!

Lentheric was a reasonably popular European fragrance house during most of the twentieth century. In the 1940's - 60's they achieved a certain amount of American exposure offering a line of men's grooming stuff, a/s, colognes, etc. in much the same way Seaforth! and Shulton did.

While the company is still around they now make a small line of specific fragrances (like Dana) and have not made any strictly men's grooming products for a long time.

Thank you for the background. It is too bad they don't make any men's grooming products, because I am curious about the aftershave. Do you have any ideas as to what it might resemble these days?

Sorry, not a clue. Lentheric was twenty years before my time. And I am falling down the stairs and breaking my hip into middle age.

Yo! Geezers! Anybody over 60 want to jump in here?

Digging up this thread because I just scored some NOS Lentheric
"Man About Town" Leather AS and Cologne. First impression is that is smells like a cross between English Leather and British Sterling, if that makes any sense.

Top Bottom