What's new

V12 and ZAE blades?

Anyone know anything about V12 or ZAE blades?

Just looking at my favorite single-blade dealer and notice that there are a few I've never heard of and can't find any reviews here.

V12 - Super Platinum

• Manufacturer: GreatWhite Global Pvt. Ltd.
  • Coating: Platinum
  • Pack Count: 10

ZAE

• Manufacturer: ZAE Blades
  • Pack Count: 5
$0.25 each

Just got a couple of these myself as part of a buy from tryablade. I plan on giving them a test at some point. They're in line with a number of others. ZAE is a Japanese blade so there's hope they'll be a pretty good blade. The V12 from India is from a manufacturer I haven't heard of before so the jury will be out on that one for sure.

V12 going for $9.99 per 100 delivered from India, on a favorite auction site. (Also in lots up to 10,000 from the same listing.)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I gave the ZAE their trial run this morning. This blade had to be one of the worst I've tried. It would not cut my beard. Rough, pulling. I gave up and switched to a Gillette Yellow and it cut right through.

Anyone want the last 4 blades?

I gave the ZAE their trial run this morning. This blade had to be one of the worst I've tried. It would not cut my beard. Rough, pulling. I gave up and switched to a Gillette Yellow and it cut right through.

Anyone want the last 4 blades?

I got a graham field I can send you Aaron. You make like those 4 after trying it!

My sincere apology for asking about it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My sincere apology for asking about it.

No apology John. That's what threads like yours are for. To get reviews on everything shave related so we can pick and choose what we might like. I queried for a thread just like yours to report my findings on a new blade and find out what others thought.

With so many good and well known blades currently available for $10 USD or less per 100...Rapiras, Voskhod, SuperMax, Derby, Astra, Indian Wilkinsons, Dorco, Lord...this is NOT a market to introduce a new brand.

I've been sampling indian blades for the last week or so and finally got to the V12 brand. They're very average - Not too sharp and not too dull. I didn't have any scratching issues, no burning or bleeding. I was able to get a BBS from 3-passes, no problem. They perform almost as well as a supermax platinum. There's only one seller who has them on ebay, prices aren't that great but they are worth a try. So far there's only two brands made in india that I like, these and supermax platinum. I won't be ordering any, but I'll keep it in mind for later.

Top Bottom