What's new

MLB: Cubs.

Heyward made a wonderful catch and throw for a double play. Great stuff! Look, I'd be pissed off if one of our great young players went to the Cards, especially if the Cubs offered him more money, but there are lines that you just don't cross as a fan. The racist stuff that is rumored to have been said to and/or about is so far beyond those lines that the lines themselves vanish in the distance. He's handled it with great class and dignity, and he's a credit to himself and his family. I may just get my first ever Blue Cubs jersey with Heyward's number on it. Maybe I'll get a chance to wear it in St. Louis one day.

Last edited:
Another No-No for Jake! Second no hitter I've watched with my son, which was cool. The first was Zambrano's no hitter in Milwaukee which we attended. He was a baby at the time though.... Memories....

Yes indeed! Jake was dealing last night when I had to turn the game off in the 7th. I recorded the Comcast recap at 1:00AM, and got to see the end of the Hawks game instead of talk of Jake's no-no. I'll take it, though!

Hopefully we can keep piling on the runs as the series continues.

Yes indeed! Jake was dealing last night when I had to turn the game off in the 7th. I recorded the Comcast recap at 1:00AM, and got to see the end of the Hawks game instead of talk of Jake's no-no. I'll take it, though!

Hopefully we can keep piling on the runs as the series continues.

LOL (do people still say lol?). I watched the end of the Cubs, and went to the Hawks, but couldn't make it through to the end of the hockey game. There must be some nervous Blues Fans ATM. ��

What a night for baseball in my home town! Four first place teams get after it tonight.

Nats vs. Cubs @ Wrigley.
BoSox vs. ChiSox @ The Cell.

I'll be at Wrigley tonight!

Heyward made a wonderful catch and throw for a double play. Great stuff! Look, I'd be pissed off if one of our great young players went to the Cards, especially if the Cubs offered him more money, but there are lines that you just don't cross as a fan. The racist stuff that is rumored to have been said to and/or about is so far beyond those lines that the lines themselves vanish in the distance. He's handled it with great class and dignity, and he's a credit to himself and his family. I may just get my first ever Blue Cubs jersey with Heyward's number on it. Maybe I'll get a chance to wear it in St. Louis one day.

Well ill be looking for you. I live in stl. You guys are having one heck of a season but im sure you'll miss us in the playoffs!...I know ill be missing us in the playoffs.

Big game for the Cubs tonight, going against Max Scherzer. Hopefully the offense will keep rolling and we can get the win.

I don't think Zobrist is doing too well from a batting average standpoint, but he sure impacts the game in a lot of ways.

As of today ,the Cubs are way,,,,way,,,out in front...

Attachments

• $cubs.JPG
    $cubs.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
I'm taking my son, his best friend, and his best friend's dad to Wrigley on Sunday. If we arrive early enough, the boys will get wristbands and be allowed to run the bases after the game. Hopefully Lester will pitch well, and the Cubbies will complete the sweep!

Although I am a Braves fan, I hope the Cubs win it all.

They have the talent and things are going their way. Cubs fans should be excited about this year.

If they go to the Series, I definitely taking a few days off to have some fun in Chi town.

Although I am a Braves fan, I hope the Cubs win it all.

They have the talent and things are going their way. Cubs fans should be excited about this year.

If they go to the Series, I definitely taking a few days off to have some fun in Chi town.

Thanks man, coming from a Braves fan, it mans a lot to me, as you folks knew some pretty hard times when I was a kid, and I was rooting for you when your boys got good.

Top Bottom