What's new

Fine Accoutrements AB Soap

Yes that was my method as well. Wet brush, swirl on the soap for a bit, dump excess water (so it's not way too watery), keep swirling, then work into a lather. Amazing how it went from foamy to extremely thick.

YMMV for sure because I treat this soap like any other (load brush, face lather) and its performed great. Maybe I have magic mojo

I do the same and get phenomenal results. Not quite as good at first, but after a few uses I started getting amazing lather quickly. This soap is beginning to rival my favorite, Haslinger.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As the thread hits 14,000 views ... amazing!

The soap's really good too.

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
My one complaint on the soap......It comes in a stinking box like Williams and not a container. I was able to order some tins from Stirling. They work great. However the soap itself is awesome and is quickly becoming my go to. Because of this soap, I am not using my creams hardly at all. I love the scent and the creaminess it brings. Not to mention performance like tabac and it doesn't smell like totting wood. I did a major purge last week and the only soaps I am using are FAB, Stirling, Proraso, Sir Hare, Arko, and Clubman. I tossed all others.

Agreed I want a container. The box should be reserved when buying replacement pucks.

It works great on Tabac and this FAB. It does also work great on soft soaps as well as in between ones like Mikes and Stirling.

The only negative is it does use a lot of product to lather that way. But since I won't run out of soap for the next decade that's probably not such a bad thing...

It works great on Tabac and this FAB. It does also work great on soft soaps as well as in between ones like Mikes and Stirling.

The only negative is it does use a lot of product to lather that way. But since I won't run out of soap for the next decade that's probably not such a bad thing...

Tabac will lather if you look at it funny! :w00t::lol:

Just had another shave with it tonight and lathered easily with no fancy marco schmarko method needed. I've tried it with Badger and boar brushes and the results are the same which is a nice easy slick lather. I had medium hard water

Just had another shave with it tonight and lathered easily with no fancy marco schmarko method needed. I've tried it with Badger and boar brushes and the results are the same which is a nice easy slick lather. I had medium hard water
Right on! Take wet brush, make lather and shave. Couldn't be easier!

I've continue to hear comparisons to Tabac, which I've never used. I keep missing the Clearance sales on Perfumania, and after seeing them at that price have a hard time paying full price for a puck. Either way, I'm still loving Fine's soap and hope they come out with it in some of their other scents. It would be great to have it in Platinum or L'orange noir.

Thought I'd give this post a bump. Just curious what opinions are of this soap now that several of you have had it for a few weeks.

Shaved with it today.

When you get the water right, you can get really slick and dense lather. It's kind of thirsty. So it can be tacky and thick. It will take a fair amount of water and remain stable. Almost runny. If you shower shave that's fine I guess. It's stable. Doesn't dry on my face. The scent leveled off to about a 5.5 out of 10 from a 8.5 the first day. It's scented through and through and while quite nice during the shave seems to only linger briefly into the day. Maybe two or three hours tops and at that it's faint. So you may catch a whiff of it yourself, but I doubt anyone else might.

The puck seems to be long lasting for me. I can crush a puck of soap and I know it. No shame, just how I use soap.

Will have to see how long it does last. I'm not keeping track and haven't used it exclusively either. Not really sure if it will matter at this point to anyone else when I finish mine. I'd say I've had at least 20 shaves from it and mine is holding it's shape. Not dished in the center and not goopy. Although I rinse my soap pucks I do leave them tilted upside down for a day between uses and leave them uncovered when I'm using other stuff. So I never really had the soupy issue with Tabac as I would go for weeks or months between using that stuff and it tended to stay pretty dry for me. I can see this one getting softer if I used it every day and didn't up end it in between. In a Old Spice mug and while there's not much room, there is some space around the puck. Not under though that I can tell.

It lingers scent wise in my brushes. Not a deal breaker, but it is noticeable long after the brush dries. Makes me worry that I'm not rinsing my brush well enough despite spending extra time doing so lately.

I'm still happy with this soap and looking forward to the new varieties that were announced recently. Will be buying the L'Orange Noir for certain.

I for one prefer the price point in the current cardboard box. I've seen some criticism that it doesn't come in a bowl or container. While the option would be welcome, I see no need personally. I'm happy to use an old mug or recycle a empty soap dish from another brand or something. Since it fits perfectly in an Old Spice mug and I have a few of them, my biggest trouble would be marking the lids I use or just sniffing the soap to determine what it is once the logo wears off.

I give it a solid "would buy again."

I will be honest here....if he does a sandalwood.....this brand soap is all I would ever buy. Sir Hare and Stirling I would still use but this is it for me on what I buy in the future. I am doing more cutting down. Goodbye Arko, Proraso soap, and wilkinson. FAB, Sir Hare, and Stirling are it for me.

He teased a photo last week of a Santal Absolute ... both a soap and an A/S

proxy.php

This was posted on their Facebook page

Top Bottom