What's new

What type of BLENDER do you all have?

I'm doing a little blender shopping, think I'm going to start doing a little juicing...what type of blender do you all have, if its good?

got a vitamix (5200?) i bought years ago. still is awesome. the market space has way increased since then, but im still super stoked anytime we use it.

if you want a juicer, buy a juicer, not a blender. different tools for different things.

Been juicing with my Champion Juicer for thirty five years and making smoothies in blenders for over forty years.

My choice of a Blender. .. hands down, The Vitamix.

It's probably used in more juice bars and restaurants than any other blender on the market.

One suggestion, keep it out on the counter. You'll not only use it more, but will use it regularly.

Just made a simple smoothie: Organic apple juice, organic plain yogurt, very high quality whey powder, 1.5 bananas previously frozen, a good handful plus of Costco organic fruit blend, some additional distilled water to smooth the mixture out and there you have it... a delicious and nutritious smoothie for all day's consumption.

I use Nalgene bottles for the extra smoothie and take that in the 4 runner in a cooler for use later in the day.

Enjoy your new blender!

I have a Vitamix that is close to 15 years old and still going strong.

I prefer the blender over a juicer. YOu can blend up fruits and veggies into a drinkable smoothie with all of the great fiber in tact. Juicing removes all of that and just gives you sugar water.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Vitamix here for 5 years. I had an issue with the container once, they replaced it for free, no questions asked (well, only the bill to show when I bought it).

Vitamix 7500 I got about a year ago. The sting of the price was quickly forgotten after using it for a week. Used a friends ninja a couple of weeks ago at their house and would call it more of a food processor compared to the Vitamix. Blendtec I've heard good things about but have never used one.

A 1950s vintage Sunbeam 2-speed. It's bulletproof.

However, I am thinking of modernizing -- the transition between low and high (or directly from off to high) is quite abrupt, and depending on the consistency and volume of what's being blended, i can paint my ceiling..... ;)

A little dangerous too -- made hot sauce last weekend -- found out it's a BAD THING(tm) to have fresh habanero hot sauce flying about the kitchen like some kind of culinary napalm*....

*I thought it was delicious napalm, however the dog was not a fan.

Vitamix!

We were gifted a Jack Lelane Juicer a number of years ago. It is a pain in the *** to clean. We have had it for 10 years, but we have probably only used it 3 times because it is such a pain.

Have had the Vitamix for years. In addition to the usual blending chores, I've used it to make regular (non-instant) pudding (the speed of the blades heats the mixture to the proper temperature) and tortilla soup that's the equal of anything I can get in Tucson.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Have had the Vitamix for years. In addition to the usual blending chores, I've used it to make regular (non-instant) pudding (the speed of the blades heats the mixture to the proper temperature) and tortilla soup that's the equal of anything I can get in Tucson.
I have heard of people making soup in them. Does the blade speed really heat things up?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

However, I am thinking of modernizing -- the transition between low and high (or directly from off to high) is quite abrupt, and depending on the consistency and volume of what's being blended, i can paint my ceiling..... ;)

A little dangerous too -- made hot sauce last weekend -- found out it's a BAD THING(tm) to have fresh habanero hot sauce flying about the kitchen like some kind of culinary napalm*....

I would have paid money to see that.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I am not allowed to make Big O's in the house anymore- I make it in the garage. The last time I made it the vapors had my wife and grandkids hacking and caused runny eyes.

Blendtec Wildside - never understood the love for Vitamix with that plunger.

Another vote for Vitamix. You don't have to use the plunger, we rarely use it. Ours is variable speed, I forget the model but exactly like below:

We liked the rotary controls, no push buttons, no presets that never get used, no digital display.

$vitamix-blender-vita-mix-turbo-blend-blenders-turbo-blend-vs-turboblend-1-vm0103-popup.jpg
Mmmmm, Sorbet with 3 ingredients, oranges, sugar, ice. Ready in about 45 seconds.

$039fdb82d36419cce4c51ed7d043a0c1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom