What's new

Stanley Cup Playoffs coutdown

Anyone excited to see The Cup Playoffs this year? Sorry for all of the Canadian teams. But should be a fine tight fight to the finish.

The east is so tight from WC to 2nd

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Tough year for Canadian teams. We can usually count on at least two of Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa to get in, and maybe a Prairie team to squeak in too.

Not this year. (Although had Price stayed healthy things may well be much different in Montreal.)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
I know this is going to be a tough series for all teams (filled with 'acrobatic monster' saves, big hits, finesse and 'must-see-again' goals)!

And although many of the teams in this years Stanley Cup have skill and 'tons' of depth on the bench, I think it's prudent not to take out my crystal ball just yet.
proxy.php

Also, as a goalie myself (and no doubt biased),...it's going to to take great netminding that's going to be a big factor (who's hot & who's not), in the run for the Cup!
proxy.php

Here's the NHL playoff series-by-series results & schedules...
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-playoff-series-by-series-results-schedules/ar-BBrD3Sm

proxy.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth (Because It’s the Cup)”!! NHL Official Slogan

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
I know this is going to be a tough series for all teams (filled with 'acrobatic monster' saves, big hits, finesse and 'must-see-again' goals)!

And although many of the teams in this years Stanley Cup have skill and 'tons' of depth on the bench, I think it's prudent not to take out my crystal ball
just yet.
proxy.php

Also, as a goalie myself (and no doubt biased),...it's going to to take great netminding that's going to be a big factor (who's hot & who's not), in the run for the Cup!
proxy.php

Here's the NHL playoff series-by-series results & schedules...
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-playoff-series-by-series-results-schedules/ar-BBrD3Sm

Here's a better link for the NHL playoff series-by-series results & schedules. :thumbsup:

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25549996/nhl-playoffs-first-round-schedule-results-tv-listings

proxy.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth (Because It’s the Cup)”!! NHL Official Slogan

Pens coach before Game One against the Caps: Boys, we gotta shadow, smother, and tie up Ovechkin.
Nobody else in the Pens' dressing room: Uhh, coach, what about the other four skaters on the ice?
TJ Oshie scores three including OT winner in Game One.
This series ain't over, and it's likely the best on paper of the playoffs, but the Caps look pretty darn good.

The Islanders split in Florida and head back to Brooklyn for games 4&5.

Here's to leaving New York up 3-1.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My Stars are up 1-0 on the Blue. Man, Hitchcock has a tough team there. It is going to be a battle.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
, a lot of great NHL hockey out there...with two (2), 'game-sevens' (maybe three...if the Eastern Conference Capitals wins tonight vs. the Penguins), around the league;

Western Conference - (1) Dallas Stars vs. (2) St. Louis Blues and the (3) San Jose Sharks vs. (WC1) Nashville Predators.
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-playoff-series-by-series-results-schedules/ar-BBsfUx1

To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours), for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
proxy.php
, a lot of great NHL hockey out there...with two (2), 'game-sevens' (maybe three...if the Eastern Conference Capitals wins tonight vs. the Penguins), around the league;

Western Conference - (1) Dallas Stars vs. (2) St. Louis Blues and the (3) San Jose Sharks vs. (WC1) Nashville Predators.
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-playoff-series-by-series-results-schedules/ar-BBsfUx1

To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours), for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

There is a period left, but the Stars are done (not that they showed up)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hell yeah, Go Stars!!

maybe next year
Hopefully Tyler Sagan won't miss the playoffs then. What kills me is twice in this series both goalies sucked on the same days. Oh well, the Blues are a heck of a team, and at least they have two Dallas connections (Ott and Hitchcock)

So I'm kind of rooting for a Blues/Lightning matchup... Not sure of my hope will come to.

( Islanders fan myself as well, knew they couldn't get all the way, but you always just hope and the let down hurts just as bad. But experience will help next year)

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Wow...what a 'nail biter'...never thought the Lightning Bolts would lose Game 7 against the Pens (maybe in OT, but not in regular time)!
proxy.php

Did you ever see such strong performances from both teams
proxy.php

As a goalie myself (OK...OK...elder goalie I'll admit), I have to rate both Vasilevskiy's & Murray's play as nothing less than 'spectacular between the pipes' for essentially 'back-up's' (but that doesn't mean anything: you gotta go with the goalie who's hot)! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours),…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Now, I know this is going to be a tough final (filled with acrobatic saves, big hits, finesse and 'must-see-again' goals), but the other side-of-the-coin is that both teams have 'tons' of skill and depth on the bench.
proxy.php

However, I'll bet they'll won't be a 'clean sweep'
proxy.php
by the
proxy.php
, so I'll go with my 'gut-feeling' and take the

proxy.php
for the Cup in seven (7) games.

Read More:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/05/26/stanley-cup-final-pittsburgh-penguins/84844112/

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Guins all the way! It's any one's game now! That game 7 was insane. Almost as crazy as 2009 against Detroit.

Adam

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since my Stars aren't in it any more, I have to go with Pittsburgh due to my Steeler loyalties (I was born 40 minutes away in Steubenville, OH, and my uncle lives there).

Well, there should be no doubt about who I'm rooting for. Last night's game was amazing. Vasilevsky is one talented young goalie. Go Pens!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, there should be no doubt about who I'm rooting for. Last night's game was amazing. Vasilevsky is one talented young goalie. Go Pens!!

I will be watching the series with a heavy heart. My cousin, who was a few years older than me, passed two years ago, and was a huge Pens fan. He would be loving this.

Top Bottom