What's new

April 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lucky pick up this month for my Rocket collection.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I scored this 1966 Lady Gillette for the Lady of the house. She has been using an EJ with the lavender handle and tried out the Gillette for the first time yesterday. Success!

$IMG_0485.jpg$IMG_0486.jpg

So yesterday I received my first shipment from Maggard's. MR18/V3, blade sampler (I love the 7 O'Clock, but can't wait to try the others), Dr. Jon's Gold Label, Sir Hare Third Eye, Maggard's Lime & Bergamot, Sy-22 brush, and Clubman Special Reserve.

This morning I used the Sir Hare on my head and face and I loved the experience. I need to get better at face lathering, or invest in a bowl/mug. I nicked my head 2 or 3 times, but it was entirely my fault. I've never had a better shave in my life. Even using the Micro One Touch with can goo didn't get as good a shave as I did with the MR18/V3.

I think this is going to become an expensive hobby.

Nice collection you have started. :thumbup: Sounds like you are hooked. Better start looking at new shelving for the bathroom. :lol:

Cool stuff. The Pinaud Special Reserve is awesome! Did you try the Limes & Bergamot? I've been wanting to try a good lime cream, soap or croap.

You've been bitten. Believe me, that haul will exponentially multiply over time, get the shave den started. Seriusly though, it's an awesome hobby. :w00t:

Nice set up! I too have the MR 18 but mine came with the V2. I've since picked up the three pack of the V3, V3a and V2OC. Love Maggards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom