What's new

What scuttle/mug/lather bowl did you use today?

Very nice! The brush is a beauty as well!
proxy.php

I use a Shone Pottery Bowl. It's a nice deep blue, lathers up very easily, fits nicely in my hand and looks great sitting on the shelf.

I used my Georgetown Pottery G20 today. I don't think the Chiseled Face soap like the heat though...

Summer heat is nearly upon us, so the opportunity to see if your Chiseled Face soap likes it chilly is here. Some are using ice water in their scuttles to help beat the heat.

The brush isn't mine. Stock product pic. Here's a picture that really shows the true deep blue color of the bowl.

proxy.php

Definitely a good looking blue!
Now I'm going to need to do some digging to find information on that brush.

Summer heat is nearly upon us, so the opportunity to see if your Chiseled Face soap likes it chilly is here. Some are using ice water in their scuttles to help beat the heat.
I'll have to try that. I did a cold water shave once and wasn't a huge fan but some are saying ice water much better than just cold water...

I'll have to try that. I did a cold water shave once and wasn't a huge fan but some are saying ice water much better than just cold water...

They're putting ice water into their scuttle.
An ice water shave I think should be reserved for 130° days, but you could give that a good as well if you really want to.

I didn't care for the only cold water shave I tried either, but the ice water shave was in a class all its own!

They work pretty good don't they.

It is a good quality mug that gets the job done.

Overall I am very satisfied with the quality of the VDH Luxury Shave Set. (I got mine at my local Wally-World.) The plastic razor/brush stand is serviceable. The Luxury soap performs decently and has a good scent. Even though it does have SLS, I will probably buy another puck. My only issue so far is the VDH boar brush. It gets the job done, but is still shedding after more than a month of use. I find between 1 and 3 shed bristles every use. If it keeps shedding, I don't expect the brush will last much beyond 9-12 months of use. It is slightly disappointing, but is not a huge problem since it was cheap and I have an Omega S10049 on order to use a a companion/replacement.

Last edited:
I have a cheap Amazon mug that I was using, but my Plissoft monster was too big. I've been using my gunmetal captains choice bowl recently. Love that thing.

Top Bottom