What's new

Pif, The "Tear your face apart with these blades" Part II

I think the local coroner might have the most up-to-date numbers on all of us "friends of [MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION]" whom he's been gracious enough to send blades to! :a46:

I guess I should have pif the love ones flowers and condolence cards. A little late now. I'll keep them in my thoughts though!

They're plotting their revenge. Be careful friend.

Alright, I love it when people go out of their way to give me their undivided attention! They just need to let me know if they perfer tea or coffee to drink when they stop by to deliver said attention!

Dave, you do know we all have your address?:001_rolle

Well, with a stash of Quick Clott close at hand, I gave the Graham-Field a try.

I'm pretty new to de shaving, 2 weeks or so using an NOS Feather razor from like 1950's, bought from a member in Japan. With Feather blades it's been a wonderful introduction to de shaving. I've a few other blades to try, but from an educational standpoint, I thought it a good idea to try something universally acknowledged as "Bad".

These are Bad.

There was only a small blood sacrifice to the DE Gods, but it wasn't enough. 15 minutes after shaving, it felt like I hadn't shaved for 15 hours, especially my chin. Got a small knick on the chin for some reason. Neck was irritated. Basically ineffective at removing facial hair.

It occurs to me that these are described as med preps.
The only medical professionals I would recommend these to are coroners and morticians!
And Taxidermists.
And Zombies. O
Official Double Edge blade of "The Walking Dead".

Dave, thanks for the opportunity to try these.
I think.
Now where's that Tequila?

Mark

I can't find my review, but I didn't think the blade was all that bad over a couple of shaves. Definitely not getting 50 shaves out of it though.

It was 65, but who's counting.... Once I dialed it in, it just wouldn't quit. Can't say that about most other blades.

This was a really fun thread!
I think that I still have a few of these blades.
I bet they don't improve with age.

After I saw this and posted that it had been two years I had to go to my profile and pull up all my posts. Had to dig a little but found it and my review made me laugh again and it certainly brought back the memory of trying it. Plus I had to read a few other post from around that time.

I always said that if a blade needs a break in period it isn't worth using. As bad as this blade was for me I don't think it would ever improve to a point that it would even cut whiskers for me. I definitely applaud those that made it though one shave and beyond. I remember trying it down one cheek and then the other and still saw most of the whisker were left behind like the blade dragged over them and what was removed I think was yanked out.

Maybe if we keep this thread alive someone new might want to say "hey, how can I get a hold of one of those blades to try".

Maybe if we keep this thread alive someone new might want to say "hey, how can I get a hold of one of those blades to try".

PoorUnfortunateSouls.jpg

Top Bottom