What's new

cvargo's Shaving Journal

You can bring the Irish WhksEy if you like but I prefer mine with no E so I'll grab the jug o jack I just picked up for the fourth.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/474044-Name-This-Prayer-Poem?p=7819014#post7819014

LMAO Wish I could see it, and of course I am very likely to be able to do so very soon as a contributor as I am working the budget right now:thumbup1:

Lol road to the west should work for you. Post with the cats please

LMAO:lol:

I have to disagree. Ferret's should always come in pairs. :001_cool:

Plus 1 to this, they work best in Pairs as is evident in The Beastmaster:thumbup:

Here is a copy for you Brent

I was inspired to write a little prayer/poem (Its modeled after some of the old Scottish family prayers and such) that you all might enjoy. ...

IT goes a little something like THIS
There Aint No E in MY Whisky

May every shave be as close as those you hold dear and smooth as the whisky on your shelf, and your splash be Veg …except when you’re not.

May your coffee be rich, bacon be thick and whisky be American Made. …and it all be well aged and a little smoky!

…And when your days are done let them all say; “He shaved each day with a blade of steel and loved like he shaved (some were chosen, some were not). His life was like his coffee and only occasionally his head like his bacon.”

May the echoing memory of your life be like the whisky on your shelf …American made, smooth, maybe a little spicy, but always well-aged. Except when it wasn’t.

Original By- CBLindsay

Yes! I knew I was would run across someone else who had seen that movie someday lol.

Oh But Of COurse my Friend, I got to see that in the theaters on the big screen when it first came out:thumbup1: Great Movie:thumbup:

Hey man I might have been a little inebriated post was supposed to be play. Darn phone and Tapatalk

LOL I kinda figured as much my Friend, nothing wrong at all with a little stray Tapatalk misfires:thumbup:

A brush named Fiona ...what are you guys thinking? Instead of naming the thing you should have been rubbing in Chad's face the fact that he must now leave his new brush alone for two days. Just long enough for a road trip involving exactly one farret, a bull, a calf , multiple bottles of taquilla and a bus ticket to Albuquerque. Brent should be picking me up about 4 hours after he swings by Dave's. You want to just me up at my place Nate?

Have a great trip Chad.

Of course, but first it needs a name! That way, tonight, Chad's wife will wonder why he keeps calling for Fiona! You have to think of things in terms of the long play, my friend!

Well got back down the mountain today. We had a great time, just getting away from the big city. Found a couple of awesome restaurants and enjoy the pool. Tomorrow I will be shaving. It will be 3 days growth I'll be cutting off.

Well got back down the mountain today. We had a great time, just getting away from the big city. Found a couple of awesome restaurants and enjoy the pool. Tomorrow I will be shaving. It will be 3 days growth I'll be cutting off.

Welcome Home my Friend and congrats on a very nice sounding Mini Vacay :thumbup: I Very much look forward to reading about tomorrows shave Brother:thumbup:

Welcome home Chad. Sounds like a good trip and a great way to de-stress. Fiona awaits!

In the interest of reciprocation, you can name my WW brush when it gets here. Still at #74.

Welcome Home my Friend and congrats on a very nice sounding Mini Vacay [emoji106] I Very much look forward to reading about tomorrows shave Brother:thumbup:
Thanks brother. It sure felt good to get in the mountains and about 20 degrees cooler. I was actually cold in the morning... loved it
Welcome home Chad. Sounds like a good trip and a great way to de-stress. Fiona awaits!

In the interest of reciprocation, you can name my WW brush when it gets here. Still at #74.
Oh... we'll get a name lol

Oh... we'll get a name lol

$readImage.jpg

I'm waiting! And my breath, it is bated! (Seriously almost typed "with bated breast" that would've gone over well...)

Random number generator only had two choices today... so I know exactly what will be picked tomorrow. But today was Stirling Executive Man.

Razor: Muhle r41
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Soap/cream: Stirling Executive Man
Brush: "Fiona" WW with Nathan Clark Envy White
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel cucumber
Aftershave2: Stirling Executive Man

Okay so with three days growth I had to go for the Muhle and an Astra... which is my favorite combo. So as always I start with a soak while I'm In the shower

$uploadfromtaptalk1467553104515.jpg

I then proceeded to load. I lost two hairs not a big deal. And the brush loaded very quickly using it on a puck I could realize just how much spring there was. Here is the load

$uploadfromtaptalk1467553161539.jpg

I proceeded to face lather because I really want to feel this knot in my face. Good amount of scritch significantly more than my Rudy Vey 2 band finest. But it is not a problem I want to stress that. I really enjoy the scritch on some days but I do hope these bristles soften just a bit with use as it breaks in. It lathered fantastically and the handle is crazy comfortable fits perfectly in my hand. Here is the lather.

$uploadfromtaptalk1467553288224.jpg

I proceeded to do three passes and each time the brush applied ample lather to my face, some complain about brushes hogging lather... no issue here. Here is what was left over after 3 passes

$uploadfromtaptalk1467553346688.jpg

So I got my bbs and feel great to have 3 days growth off my face. And as I am cleaning up I realize I really love this brush it performed perfectly and as with most natural hair brushes it should get better. The knot really performed well. Here is the post cleaning bloom

$uploadfromtaptalk1467553435483.jpg

And now here is the line up. Mind you this pic is taken before I start my routine so the brush is dry here... and apparently I reached the limit of pics in a post so you will see this pic below in the next post.

All in all I am really happy with this brush and I would recommend this knot I can tell this is going to be a great performer just like I could on the Rudy Vey shavemac, they just get better and I'm really excited about that. I think I'm going to use the warm weather to my advantage and use this brush a couple days straight.

Have a good day everyone.

Waiting patiently for your mountain timezone Sunday morning of a holiday weekend shave - so I can read about Fiona's den debut. Looking forward to bloom pics of the new brush too [emoji6]

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Waiting patiently for your mountain timezone Sunday morning of a holiday weekend shave - so I can read about Fiona's den debut. Looking forward to bloom pics of the new brush too [emoji6]

Sent via Tapatalk from phone
You posted right when I posted it. Scroll up!

Top Bottom