What's new

How old is your mustache/beard?

Not counting the 2-3 days (combined) I cut the mustache off in the 1980's (two separate occasions) I have had some sort of facial hair (mostly the stache but there have been beards on occasion since about 1998 or so) since October 1981.

I've been growing a beard in for about a week, since getting a couple weeks of paid time off. Of course I'll have to shave it off again before I go back in on the 18th, due to having to be clean shaven on the job.

I've had a mustache since... Well, before it turned white. I did have to shave it in boot camp so '77ish. =)

Started growing a full beard October 1, 2014. Based on the trimming I've been doing since then I will never have to buy razor blades or soap again!

I have had a stache in one since around 1982. Over the past few years I have started letting it grow out into a nice handlebar.

Both sence 1989. Soon as uncle sam let me go.
Also gave up on hair cuts until 2011. Then cut it like a real man wares. Had to grow up sometime.

Last edited:
Im going to be 31 this halloween.

I've had a goatee since I think I was 16?

I shaved it for senior pictures and have only trimmed it since.

So 13 years.

I had to shave clean in 2012 for a respirator. I won't do it again if I can help it. Since then I've always shaved my neck everyday, and trimmed the beard with clippers and scissors.

August 2016 I shave every Spring and go clean shaven generally Mid March till about 2 weeks before school starts back.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Two weeks. I grow a winter beard every year, mid-October through St. Patrick's Day.

On Sept 6th I shaved my stache off. It was exactly 50 years old. Kind of a shock for my wife and kids but it took a while for the grandkids, twin boys 30 months old, to come around.
My plan is to start another and shoot for another 50 years...:thumbup1:

Moustache since 9th grade and am 61 years old. Beard on and off mainly in winter time......gets cold down here in south Florida!!! :lol:

10 months in on my first ever beard. Only trimming I've done is to clean up some stragglers and flatten the cheeks a bit so they're not so poofy. It's ridiculously curly in the neck area so gaining length is a slow process. Looks decently full IMO though. I think I'm doing alright for 22 lol. Any opinions are very welcome

$20161218_040715_zpshbesy2px.jpg

10 months in on my first ever beard. Only trimming I've done is to clean up some stragglers and flatten the cheeks a bit so they're not so poofy. It's ridiculously curly in the neck area so gaining length is a slow process. Looks decently full IMO though. I think I'm doing alright for 22 lol. Any opinions are very welcome

Nice, much better than mine was at 22. Not that that stopped me from growing it though. I've had at least a stache and something on the chin since I was 19. I was probably 30 by the time the stache connected to the beard.

I just put mine to rest, after 36 years. Got tired of dyeing my beard for interviews; people look at you with gray hair and think "your too old to do this job". :mad3:

Top Bottom