What's new

What type of a hat is this?

proxy.php

I saw someone in a local pizza parlor recently who was wearing a hat very much like this, and I liked it. I didn't have the courage to ask him about it though. It has a very short brim all the way around that is sort of "deep pocketed" if you know what I mean.

This weekend, rather than spend money on a hair cut, I took the clippers to my head figuring I could put the extra money in the gas tank. however, it has me thinking about hats to protect me from the sun now.

Also, does anyone know where there is a list of hat "types," maybe with pictures?

Thanks for the list! I didn't think Wikipedia would have anything like that. To me it looks like a pork pie.

I'll investigate some more.

As for Slip Mahoney, the brim on his fedora looks a bit too wide, but thanks!

Looks like a Pork Pie to me too. Flat top and upturned narrow brim all round.

I have many hats, fedoras and caps mostly, being follically challenged for the last 30 years!

gareth

Thanks for the list! I didn't think Wikipedia would have anything like that. To me it looks like a pork pie.

I'll investigate some more.

As for Slip Mahoney, the brim on his fedora looks a bit too wide, but thanks!

My first thought was a pork pie hat but it looks quite crumpled.

Pork pie? Is this a regional thing? I've had scottish meat pies, but I'm not sure about pork pies. Scottish meat pies are made of pork.....I think.

Top Bottom