What's new

Hello from Michigan

Hi all. I finally managed to make a first post here, I've been registered for about two months at this site and have been lurking when I get a chance. I'm also Gaz at SMF too.

I've been wetshaving for 10 months or so. Like many, I was directed to the DE boards from Mantics Youtube videos. I don't really consider this a hobby like most, I probably wouldn't shave on a regular basis if I didn't have to for work. Since switching to wetshaving, I am getting better shaves with less irritation and that's good enough for me.

My current lineup consists of Gillette redtip (bought at SMF) and 1-9 adjustable (ebay). I went thru a sampler pack of blades and have found the Crystals (Israeli personnas?) in the blue wrapper to work best so far. Still using my Omega Synthetic brush (g/f won't tolerate a boar/badger...long story..) and mostly local available creams/soaps (C&E, KMF, Williams, VDH, etc). I have yet to branch out into the more expensive soaps, creams, and colognes. As a somewhat, recent college grad who just moved to his first real job (still in MI :frown:), cash is tight and other things are higher on the priority list. I'm looking forward to soaking up more info here at B&B.

Go Wings!!!!

Welcome to B&B. I also like Crystals teamed with the SS. The blade gap and the precise width of the Crystal really seems to work.

Welcome to B&B. I use the Red Tip myself. A great razor for sure.

Wings? Don't you mean Sharks??:w00t: JK...maybe next year....or the year after that...

Regards,

Welcome. I'm a native of the great state of Michigan, now on the other side of the lake.

First, let me thank you for your generous gift of 1/2 a delegate each!

And let me congratulate you on having the "hottest" Governor in the nation...

What part of the Wolverine State are you from?

What are you shaving with, pardner?:001_rolle

Welcome. I'm a native of the great state of Michigan, now on the other side of the lake.

First, let me thank you for your generous gift of 1/2 a delegate each!

Hey me too. I am from Kalamazoo. I have been in CA for the last 19 years though. I go visit 1-2 times a year and still miss it.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Welcome to B&B. I am also in Michigan. I just moved to Emmet county from the Badger state on the other side of the lake.

Hotter then Gov. Palin of Alaska?

proxy.php

Ann Arbor area. Spent 12 years in Kalamazoo and now back in Westland.

See paragraph 3. :001_smile

Top Bottom