What's new

What are these Astra blades i bought?

I saw these at the store the other day for about $0.35 and cant find anything on them. what are these? pre SP and SS blades?

$IMG_20160318_195312.jpg$IMG_20160318_222937.jpg

I saw these at the store the other day for about $0.35 and cant find anything on them. what are these? pre SP and SS blades?

Carbon Steel from the pre-stainless era. I found a Czech trademark-

ASTRA - Trademark, owner THE GILLETTE COMPANY

Trademark info fields

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SourceÚPV-ČR
Application9758
Trademark text
proxy.php

ASTRA
Registration153304
Product Classes8
Vienna Classes1.1 ; 1.1.10 ; 19
Filing date24.04.1957
Priority date:
Country of priority
CZ
Registration date12.02.1958
Expiration/renewal date24.04.2007
Applicant/Holder THE GILLETTE COMPANYShow other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)GILLETTE CZECH, s.r.o.Show other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)ASTRA, s.r.o.Show other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)ASTRA a.s.Show other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)ASTRA spol. s r.o.Show other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)DIUShow other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)Kovopol, národní podnikShow other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)DIU, národní podnikShow other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)Sandrik Dolné Hámre, národný podnikShow other trademarks (302)
Applicant/Holder (history)DIU, národní podnikShow other trademarks (302)
RepresentativeJUDr. Lucie Bányaiová
StatusZaniklý dokument
TypeKombinovaná
OZ obnovena do24.04.2007
Nice Classificationholicí čepelky.

razor blades

ASTRA, Info about trademak list

This trademark ASTRA list was get from Czech Industrial Property Office. You can find the original of the mark list at the www.upv.cz page: Česká verze and English version

hmmm, so its possible these are as recent as 2007? they came in a cellophane wrapper and everything, so they cant be too old. They had several packs, i may go back and buy them out, if for no other reason than the packaging looks flipping sweet.

hmmm, so its possible these are as recent as 2007? they came in a cellophane wrapper and everything, so they cant be too old. They had several packs, i may go back and buy them out, if for no other reason than the packaging looks flipping sweet.

The 2007 date is the trademark renewal/expiration date on that design. I would highly doubt they were making carbon steel after introducing the stainless versions, but I'll bet someone knows better than I.

yeah i thought that was weird, but i figured that if they were much older than that the cellophane would have some yellowing and the packaging look aged. beyond the retro look of them, though, they really are shiny NIB. Thanks for the help!

If they're like my Treet Black Beauty carbon blades they'll rust crazy fast if you don't dry them thoroughly (or if your daughters like to take 45 minute steam showers). Store them outside the bathroom or put a little mineral oil on them between uses (the blades that is) to inhibit the process.. I'd go back and buy the rest if I were you:thumbup1:

yeah its definitely on the top of my todo list for my weekend! not sure if i can get mineral oil where im at but i'll see what i can do. either way, it was a real fun find. you dont see random stuff like that pop up too often where i live.

The 2007 date is the trademark renewal/expiration date on that design. I would highly doubt they were making carbon steel after introducing the stainless versions, but I'll bet someone knows better than I.

Are the current Astra SP blades stainless or carbon steel? I see no indication on the tuck packaging or blade stamping that indicates stainless. Then you have the Astra SS which clearly state they are stainless.

Can anyone clarify this? I'm still not sure after browsing these forums for a little over a year.

Right now I'm using both Astra SP and GSB as my only blades. I use only GSB in my travel kit because I know they're stainless and won't rust if they are left in the shave kit for a year or more....would like to throw the Astra SP in there also if they won't rust. Both are excellent blades for me.

Most modern blades are stainless. Carbon steel is easily identified by its ability to instantly rust. Treet carbon steel blades, made in Pakistan, are the only carbon steel ones that would be common. Your carbon Astras must be pretty old.

Top Bottom