What's new

The Official "Power's Out" Thread

So the power is out at The Igloo. I didn't see any official thread for this particular time waster so I thought I'd start one.

And I'll put a link to it in my signature! Just another benefit of being a Contributor. LOL.

So, without further ado, I present The Official "Power's Out" Thread at B&B!

Because when you live in The Igloo and the power goes out, all you have is your sense of humor.

Mine has been out since 0630, it is now 2020. REA says out until tomorrow sometime. Got about 15 inches of heavy wet snow today with 35-40 mph winds. Listening to a pocket radio, sipping bourbon, listening to the jenny running a small space heater. B&B on the iPad.

Unfortunately, won't help me if my power goes out, as my Internet connectivity would go with it (at least after the UPS on my router runs out of juice). No cell phone here.

They actually are influenced a good bit by The Talking Heads. In fact, David Byrne did a couple songs with them on an extended release of one of there albums.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My power went out yesterday but I wasn't home. Came home from work and the clocks were blinking. It was a perfect day too, not a single cloud in the sky, sunny, near 80 degrees.

I gotta wonder...why did it go out?? I think the power company does a power cycle every now and then just for fun.

My power went out yesterday but I wasn't home. Came home from work and the clocks were blinking. It was a perfect day too, not a single cloud in the sky, sunny, near 80 degrees.

I gotta wonder...why did it go out?? I think the power company does a power cycle every now and then just for fun.

That's the best kind of weather for a power outage! Just to keep us on our toes.

Top Bottom