What's new

The B&B Lime Shaveoff Thread

Welcome to the "official" Lime Shaveoff Thread. This is where you'll see the reviews of 2 Lime Shaving Creams, conducted blindly, the participants have no idea what brand of Cream they'll be using!

Starting April 1st, our participants will use Cream #1 for a week. April 8th, our crew will switch to Cream #2 , and use it for a week. April 15th, I'll reveal the brand names, and we'll discuss the pros and cons of each cream. Our participants have promised at least 4 shaves/reviews per Cream, along with their Setup notes. That's at least 40 reviews per Cream! If you've never tried a Lime Cream, here's your chance to find out from real B&B members, about 2 luscious Creams!

And now, it's time to introduce our Shaving Crew!

[MENTION=79505]countrydirt[/MENTION] - A Teacher and musician. He's a Renaissance man with a razor!

[MENTION=105978]Rxdude[/MENTION] - He's got the prescription for a BBS shave!

[MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] - A Testing Manager by day, a WS fiend by night!

[MENTION=83852]Mike1911[/MENTION] - He loves pitbulls, nuff said! He's gonna tear into these 2 Creams!

[MENTION=92960]Downing[/MENTION] - B&B's Scuba Diving Lawyer, his WS Flag is always floating on the surface!

[MENTION=90535]dionesius3[/MENTION] - He's a walking encyclopedia of WS knowledge! His reviews could qualify as novels!

[MENTION=60717]JayEddie[/MENTION] - A cutting tool expert! He'll be cutting through these Creams to get you the lowdown!

[MENTION=104710]rokar[/MENTION] - What can I say about a man with a blank profile? Nothing, he's mysterious! :)

[MENTION=93813]Mostho[/MENTION] - B&B's Italian Stallion! The Italians love a good Shaving Cream. I hope my choices don't disappoint him!

[MENTION=107189]GMJager[/MENTION] - (A late addition, to fill an unclaimed spot on our crew.) He's a man who likes classic cars! He'll drive the wheels off of these Creams, and let you know where the rubber meets the road!

The Cream samples hit the Postal Service this morning, so tune in April 1st, for the reviews!

Last edited:
Sweet! I'm really excited about this! For half of week one I'm celebrating my wedding anniversary in Vegas. Guess this makes it alot easier for what to put in my travel bag. I shave 6 days a week. Expect plenty of posts from me!

Looking forward to trying my first Lime creams! You'll get a totally unbiased and inexperienced Lime cream review from me. Just my honest opinion on lather, slickness, shave experience, scent, etc! Looking forward to this!

Do we get lost know which creams are being tested? I may purchase at least one of them to compete my notes to the pros.

Do we get lost know which creams are being tested? I may purchase at least one of them to compete my notes to the pros.

We find out during week 3. After a week of using each cream. Could make a final big review for the cream with details on price point, availability, packaging, etc

this will be a blast. i shave 7 days a week. no experience with lime shave cream. but i did get a lime aftershave to match it :)

Woo hoo!

Looking forward to the creams coming in the mail. I assume you'll mark which cream to use which week.

Do we post the reviews here in the Shaving Creams section or somewhere else?

Not a head shaver, btw.

I'm hoping one of the creams is a bargain basement type and the other is off the charts expensive. It will be so funny if we all go for the cheap stuff.

Top Bottom