What's new

Poor sport Patriot fans vs. Super Bowl winning Broncos

It didn't stick because Peyton retired, and thus no need for further investigation into FrankenManning by the NFL.

Brady's suspension had been reinstated as seemed likely to happen since the scope of the appeal was only supposed to be if Goodell had the authority under the CBA, not to judge the NFL process for deciding guilt. As the NFL PA gave Goodell the power in the CBA, it's really pretty cut and dried. From what I read, Brady has few options left. He can delay the suspension but unlikely to get it changed. Although I fully expect Brady to try everything possible to avoid missing games because... A) Brady likes to play and B) As Drew Bledsoe can testify to, you're never guaranteed to get the job back.

proxy.php

No mention of Aqib "Plaxico" Talib today? Seems to have more than his fair share of incidents with handguns.

He's definitely walking on the edge there, or slightly over, like he plays football.

But no firearm related charges have been filed for any of the incidents.

If it turns out that the gun was in Talib's pocket and he shot himself in the leg, THEN you can call him "Plaxico". But right now it sounds like the shooter was someone else who shot a few folks with Talib hit as "collateral damage". But it's really to early to know for sure either way.

I do know that it's not unprecedented for something could go wrong in a Dallas strip club in the wee hours of the morning and Talib chose to be there.

It's a little unfair to bring up a bunch of past allegations until we know who's the victim here, but he put himself on that position so...

Last edited:
The accounts of his incident in Florida are pretty chilling. Talib's mother, a convicted felon, recounted her son fired a weapon and Talib recounting that his mother fired all the shots. The police never tested Talib for the presence of gunpowder on his hands. I would think if you wanted to get to the truth of the matter you would have done so. I guess in Florida they figure no one shot, no foul. Move on. If it was in New York jurisdiction maybe a different investigation might have been done.

I don't think it is unfair to bring up past behavior at all, if it involves the discharge of a fire arm. Pretty disturbing that Talib was brought up in an atmosphere where his mother and grandmother routinely carried handguns and weren't afraid to use them.

It appears Talib is not being very forthright in the investigation...too drunk to remember anything ...and claimed being shot in a park not in or outside the club.

I won't be surprised if the investigation goes nowhere in Texas.

The accounts of his incident in Florida are pretty chilling. Talib's mother, a convicted felon, recounted her son fired a weapon and Talib recounting that his mother fired all the shots. The police never tested Talib for the presence of gunpowder on his hands. I would think if you wanted to get to the truth of the matter you would have done so. I guess in Florida they figure no one shot, no foul. Move on. If it was in New York jurisdiction maybe a different investigation might have been done.

I don't think it is unfair to bring up past behavior at all, if it involves the discharge of a fire arm. Pretty disturbing that Talib was brought up in an atmosphere where his mother and grandmother routinely carried handguns and weren't afraid to use them.

It appears Talib is not being very forthright in the investigation...too drunk to remember anything ...and claimed being shot in a park not in or outside the club.

I won't be surprised if the investigation goes nowhere in Texas.

Florida is the wild West these days.

As far as chilling accounts. Past convictions or corroborated accounts are fair game. I don't think there are any of those. Rumors and allegations are a combination of opinion and guesses. You can think & say anything along those lines you like but it's meaningless.

Anything you or I say is meaningless
Speak for yourself, [emoji1]

Seems like you might have been right with your "Plaxico" comment. Hard to know for sure with the foggy blur of reporting that follows an incident like this. Could be looking at anywhere from nothing to a substantial suspension or even Talib moving on.

Last edited:
Warning signs were there:

1.) Gunplay with Mom-Got off-Mom fall guy-Unreliable witness.
2.) Gunplay outside club with brother-Got off-Brother fall guy-investigation dropped.
3.) Beat up taxi cab driver-Got off-Plea bargain with cash settlement.

Thug life catches up with you. "Got a crew? Gotta' have a fall guy!"-Carter

How long before Goodell implements a new NFL "Safe Gunplay Program?" Maybe, an NFL study that shows no link between deaths or injuries related to gun carry at strip clubs?

Talib's character was well formed before his association with Hernandez. You won't get me to defend Aaron Hernandez. Psychopath and pure evil. There were warning signs with Hernandez. The Patriots chose to take a chance, as they did with Talib when he was on their roster. In the end having unsavory characters on your roster doesn't reap benefits. Hopefully NFL teams will realize it's not worth the risk. It never is going to be fool proof. Young adults making millions of dollars and plenty of free time is always a gamble.

The Patriots have made some character cuts since cutting Hernandez. Brandon Spikes had a traffic incident that the team felt was handled improperly and was cut. Dominique Easley had some off field lawsuits related to his dog ownership as well as possible locker room issues and was cut. The fan base supported both moves.

All NFL teams have to monitor their personnel. Time will tell what will come of the Talib investigation. Bronco's will have some choices to make.

Top Bottom