What's new

Coconut Sandalwood

So many of us love coconut in our shaving products. A whole mess of us LOVE sandalwood. So why not coconut sandalwood shaving products?

What prompted this idea? Well, my wife came home the other day with a candle from Bath & Body Works and it happened to be scented with...you guessed it...coconut sandalwood. Let me tell you, this has become my favorite scent right now. I know this is going to sound weird, but it smells like the beach. Not all the suntan lotion and other fake smells...it smells like the natural (or at least what I want a natural beach to smell like). Believe me, if I could stick my shave brush into the candle and lather the wax I would. Anyway, so why not coconut sandalwood, shaving soap, shaving cream, pre-shave, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, heck...why not a coconut sandalwood styptic pencil. At any rate...I thought I would share.

That is all...carry on!

Just do it man. Melt it and saponify away, add some glycerin and argon oil and shave with it.

Or there is a little bath and body nworks hippy dippy shop down from my house that makes custom scented soaps, lotions, shaving balm and such that will match any scent you bring them for about $20 per batch size for whatever product you choose. Not bad, I had them do me some shaving balm to match my splash, $20 for around 500ml of lotion.

You might be able to find something like that near you.

So many of us love coconut in our shaving products. A whole mess of us LOVE sandalwood. So why not coconut sandalwood shaving products?

What prompted this idea? Well, my wife came home the other day with a candle from Bath & Body Works and it happened to be scented with...you guessed it...coconut sandalwood. Let me tell you, this has become my favorite scent right now. I know this is going to sound weird, but it smells like the beach. Not all the suntan lotion and other fake smells...it smells like the natural (or at least what I want a natural beach to smell like). Believe me, if I could stick my shave brush into the candle and lather the wax I would. Anyway, so why not coconut sandalwood, shaving soap, shaving cream, pre-shave, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, heck...why not a coconut sandalwood styptic pencil. At any rate...I thought I would share.

That is all...carry on!

Don Give Mystic Water a Call, she might just make it for you...... and the rest of us

Just do it man. Melt it and saponify away, add some glycerin and argon oil and shave with it.

Or there is a little bath and body nworks hippy dippy shop down from my house that makes custom scented soaps, lotions, shaving balm and such that will match any scent you bring them for about $20 per batch size for whatever product you choose. Not bad, I had them do me some shaving balm to match my splash, $20 for around 500ml of lotion.

You might be able to find something like that near you.

That's a great idea. I have seen vendors like that at our local Farmer's Market, but I haven't seen them lately. Might have to do some investigating.

Don Give Mystic Water a Call, she might just make it for you...... and the rest of us

OMG!!! That would be like, totally awesome! (Channeling my inner Valley Girl). But seriously...that would be totally awesome! I have tried smaples of Mystic Water and they are among my list to buy from...I just haven't gotten around to it yet. If she could do that I would be a customer for life!

Don, Just give Michelle a call tell her you have a group that would be interested, Gregs Lavender was made this way. Hey if your don't take the shot you'll never know, I would buy it as well

Don I called and left a message to see if it is feasible. See if she calls me back

Man your quick! I just got back to this thread and saw your post. I was totally going to call her but you beat me to it. Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I guess you former Combat Controllers don't wait for anything! :001_smile

Get a puck of haslinger coconut and a puck of haslinger sandalwood. Grate them and press into container

Actually, not a bad idea. I think I would like to see if Mystic Waters can do this though. However, if it is a no go, then I might try this! :thumbup1:

You guys now have me interested in a coconut and sandlewood scented soap. I know what my next personal batch is going to smell like!

Man your quick! I just got back to this thread and saw your post. I was totally going to call her but you beat me to it. Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I guess you former Combat Controllers don't wait for anything! :001_smile

Well.... to be honest I was buying soaps, LOL.. and just decided to call her LOL

Top Bottom