What's new

Indulgence of the Night - June 2008 Incl July 4th

Talisker 18
Laphroaig 18
Highland Park 12
Jura 10
Auchentoshan 3 Wood
Taylors 20 year old tawny port

a 'quiet' night at the local pub with friends. There wss no ale on so we improvised and drank a lot of the whiskey menu. That is roughly what I recall, we weren't making notes just enjoying the evening.

Knob Creek bourbon after dinner

*While reading on my porch at sunrise*
followed by Morgon Red Beaujoulais w/ no name (Thompson Cigar Co.) flavored cigarillo's aged for 9 years in my humidor. They get better the more I forget about them.

I enjoyed a bowl from this pipe last night. Obviously the picture was taken before I found this forum.

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Knob Creek bourbon after dinner

*While reading on my porch at sunrise*
followed by Morgon Red Beaujoulais w/ no name (Thompson Cigar Co.) flavored cigarillo's aged for 9 years in my humidor. They get better the more I forget about them.

Beaujolais may be the redheaded stepbrother of Burgundy, but there are some lovely ones out there, particularly the ten cru Beaujolais. Of them, Morgon is the biggest, contrary to what fans of Moulin-a-Vent may say.

ouch

Yesterday was our annual town picnic, where the Ouch's attempt to take back as many of their tax dollars as possible in one sitting.

Highlights included Mrs. Ouch screaming like Fay Wray on the bungee jump and new outdoor records for hamburger and cotton candy consumption by Ouchette.

Beaujolais may be the redheaded stepbrother of Burgundy, but there are some lovely ones out there, particularly the ten cru Beaujolais. Of them, Morgon is the biggest, contrary to what fans of Moulin-a-Vent may say.

I had never tried one, and was very pleased! :biggrin:

Yesterday was our annual town picnic, where the Ouch's attempt to take back as many of their tax dollars as possible in one sitting.

Highlights included Mrs. Ouch screaming like Fay Wray on the bungee jump and new outdoor records for hamburger and cotton candy consumption by Ouchette.

:lol:Bungee jumps, especially the slingshot variety are tons of fun.

Tonight I had Five Guys Burgers & Fries, but for dessert I had some homemade chocolate pudding I whipped up the night before.

I'm currently sitting outside with my laptop and smoking my first El Mejor Espresso and drinking a Pilsner Urquell while watching Weeds on DVD. The cigar is still pretty fresh and definitely needs some more time to settle down, but isn't too bad. First impression, I doubt I'll buy more, but it's still too early to tell for sure.

Edit: About another 1/2 in or so into the stick. It's tunneling a tiny bit and the flavors are definitely degenerating to a sour, salty type thing. I'm really hoping it's just too wet and fresh, but any lingering hope is fading fairly quickly. In addition, the wrapper is a bit mottled in color with some pretty prominent dark spots. Oh well, at least I didn't get nuts and buy a bundle. :biggrin:

It's now nearly half past two in the morning

Earlier I made some home made burgers and home made chips for the family

( What a kind Dad I am :biggrin:)

I then enjoyed:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Okocim Mocne
Talisker 10
Yamazaki 10

Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz

The most fun to be had however, was listening to selected tracks from:

Burnin' - The Wailers (Original 1973 Island )
Strangers Almanac - Whiskeytown (180g Vinyl Double Album)
Gold - Ryan Adams (Double Album)
Cold Roses - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals (180g Vinyl Double Album)
The Stone Roses eponymous debut (140g Vinyl)
Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones (180g Vinyl)

proxy.php

Torano Silver Exodus Robusto(from our own and the very generous Bob O. Thanks!) and Spotted Cow. While not the best pairing, the smoke and beer were excellent. The Exodus was really good, spicy and woody with a hint of leather and tons of smoke. Seriously, this thing pumped out more smoke than I have ever seen from a cigar. I punched it and there was a nice steady stream of smoke oozing from the cut. :w00t:

ouch

Chicken cacciatore.
Broccoli aglio y olio.
Kendall Jackson Riesling (You know I didnt' buy it, but it was decent.)
Pineapple with rum cream.

Top Bottom