What's new

Indulgence of the Night - June 2008 Incl July 4th

'Fraid not. Anyone know where to get Goose Island around DC?

(I'm foreseeing a clandestine meeting somewhere in central Ohio. Cases of Yuengling and Goose Island transferred between cars...)

Tonight's indulgence: Aberfeldy 12 y.o. Highland single malt. Not the best scotch I've tried, but far from the worst. Not bad for something with a Dewar's pedigree.

Goose Island (Jim not withstanding) is IMHO only OK. I prefer Great Lakes.

Goose Island (Jim not withstanding) is IMHO only OK. I prefer Great Lakes.

It's been a while since I've been to the brewery, but you do raise a good point. Extensive taste testing is in order! (I do recall their Christmas Ale being one of my favorites, not so much with the Honkers Ale). My mileage has varied, but has been generally pleasurable :biggrin:

It's been a while since I've been to the brewery, but you do raise a good point. Extensive taste testing is in order! (I do recall their Christmas Ale being one of my favorites, not so much with the Honkers Ale). My mileage has varied, but has been generally pleasurable :biggrin:

The Great Lakes Xmas Ale is one of the Best! It's what got me drink GL.

I had a very yummy Fonseca Vintage and a cup of home roasted Indonesian beans this morning. How patriotic of me...:lol: Oh well, coffee and cigars are still pretty damn American in my book, no matter the country of origin. Now, I'm going to go drink some Old Milwaukee, watch baseball, and start things on fire.

As I type from my bunker like work environment with 2 hours left in the countdown, I'm contemplating what the evening's smoke will be. Do I fire one of my precious few Perdomo Reserve Maduros? Or do I try another El Mejor Espresso? (nah...to risky...need more time) Perhaps, a tried and true Fresco?

Whatever I end up choosing, I'm looking forward to it. Work blows. :biggrin:

Tonight

High Tide Cabernet Sauvingnon 2005
Lagavulin 16 Year Old
Bruichladdich Vintage 1970
Bruichladdich 'Islands' 20 year old - 3rd edition

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've been cooking like a madman recently, so for the 4th it was as simple as you can get- hot dogs and burgers, corn, home made potato and macaroni salads. Nothing is better than a cookout with the family.

July 4th off the grill-

:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile
full

Last edited by a moderator:
4th of July feastage:

Mequite barbecue pork loin
Chipotle bacon-wrapped filet mignon
Patek smoked sausage from Shiner, Texas

With:

Asparagus with wild mushrooms
Roasted red & white new potatoes

Followed by:

Fresh strawberry pie with whipped cream and Texas blueberries

Smokes:

CAO America
Anejo Shark

Libations:

Dalmore Cigar Malt Scotch
Balvenie Doublewood Scotch

It's been a fine day!

NANP™

Tonight

High Tide Cabernet Sauvingnon 2005
Lagavulin 16 Year Old
Bruichladdich Vintage 1970
Bruichladdich 'Islands' 20 year old - 3rd edition

Nice Laddies, Mr. James! How were they?

For the 4th I enjoyed a Nub 464T Cammie, some Sierra Nevadas and then a Nub 460 Habano. Great day with friends and family.

The Islands was my favourite of the 2 but both were rather special drams to say the least. The price of the 1970 makes it much more of a special occasion drink, but it was certainly a good buy. I think I am going to have to try a couple more laddies, but only if I can find them in half bottle size or miniature, so I don't have to stump for a full bottle.

Top Bottom