What's new

Time to clean out the blade drawer

After finishing that tuck of Derbys I finished an open tuck containing 3 Astra SPs. I still have 110 Astras, but I feel like getting rid of one of the odd tucks in my blade drawer. So in the morning I am starting a tuck of 7AM Plus Hi Platinum. If the blade tears up my face I will probably toss the rest of the tuck rather than suffer. I hope they irritate me less in my Merkur 34c than the Derbys did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Getting through my loose blades, slowly but surely. Only one detour, to try a Ladas Super Stainless that was part of a sampler pack. Today, loaded the last Kroger store-brand Israeli-made Personna (from a ten-blade pack) into my Gillette NEW Short Comb. Last time I used these blades I wasn't interested in longevity and was only getting four or five shaves. I hope to see this blade last 10. But it's been in my bathroom cabinet a while...I might see some degradation of the edge from being exposed to humidity. We'll see.

I've managed to get through a few tucks since I last posted. Currently working on a ten pack tuck of Lord Super Stainless.

I'm in. I have 11 different packs/brands, some unopened, others loose, that I bought over the last 5 months. I have my faves, but about 2 months ago I decided that I had almost a half-year's worth of shaves if I would just use up what I already purchased! So, I will strive to use up those "lucys", only tossing them early if I have a bad experience, as life is too short for continued bad shaves.

Taking a break from tbe Lord Stainless to try the Rockwell blades that I just threw into an order. Only used one blade so far, but they are meh.

After finishing that tuck of Derbys I finished an open tuck containing 3 Astra SPs. I still have 110 Astras, but I feel like getting rid of one of the odd tucks in my blade drawer. So in the morning I am starting a tuck of 7AM Plus Hi Platinum. If the blade tears up my face I will probably toss the rest of the tuck rather than suffer. I hope they irritate me less in my Merkur 34c than the Derbys did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Did they tear up your face?. I have a a tuck from a sampler pack too but am fearful to try them.

Top Bottom