What's new

Keurig K cups Recc.

Me too/two

This morning I am drinking some Rwandan Mutovu micro lot that I roasted yesterday, brewed through a Beehouse directly into a heated carafe (4 min 30 second brew time).

Can't get "picker" than that.

proxy.php

Are you a collector of coffee machines? I noticed you have several different types. Or do you just like drinking coffee in many different methods?

Are you a collector of coffee machines? I noticed you have several different types. Or do you just like drinking coffee in many different methods?

I have 3 roasters.

#1 is a SF-1 commercial batch/sample (1lb) roaster.

This one I brought back from the dead after it had been burned in a roasting fire. I had to completely re-design the elctric, burner, and controls as the company who made it (San Franciscan roasters) did not have any info on the early electrics the company founder made. They only knew of 4 of them and of those 4 only mine has "surfaced". The SF-1 has been on 2 different carts. the red cart was a carry over from my first roaster but was a little too small to handle the 100# weight of the SF-1 so I purchased a commercial/school AV cart that can hold 800# and is a bit wider and longer so it is more stable. The roaster is bolted to the cart.

#2 Modified Hottop KN-8828B

This is the first roaster I started roasting coffee with. It started life as a straight B model. I modified the roaster by installing the manual/emergency bean drop mech so that I could dump roasting beans even in the event of a power outage. I put in a restart safety temp over ride so I could do back to back roasts without having to let the roaster cool down below the factory set safety temp. Also modified it to run the fans manually so that I can turn them on when the timer cycles out and shuts the roaster down. Fans can be turned back on without turning on the roaster. I also put in BT/ET probes (bean temp / chamber temp). These run to external jacks so that I can hook the roaster up to an external meter or controller. I have also added an internal interface to an external computer control unit. I can now run the Hottop from a laptop computer (raise/lower both burners and fan remotely) as well as run it in the factory mode, using the roaster's control panel. Unfortunately I had one of the micro switches go south on me and the roaster has been apart on my work bench for the past several months (since before xmas). I need more time!!!!! I'm sure I will have it back together now that some of my major "emergency" projects are behind me.

#3 just arrived yesterday :001_smile

Behmor 1600 that a B&B member sent to me. More on this as I unpack today and dig into it to find out what it needs to bring it back to life

Enough of this coffee roasting nonsense and back to the K-Cups
proxy.php

We ditched the Keurig for an iCoffee Opus. Hotter, "dial a size" cup size. Costco Pacific Bold is our favorite, but we aren't too picky about our coffee.

We ditched the Keurig for an iCoffee Opus. Hotter, "dial a size" cup size. Costco Pacific Bold is our favorite, but we aren't too picky about our coffee.

Just watched the video - that's slick. And it haz a window! I BEGGED my wife to let me try and purchase a display dryer so I could install the plexiglass front panel onto our model... But, back to coffee - do you really notice a big difference with the spin function? As long as we're talking machines - I wish I had seen this before I purchased my last K-Cup brewer -https://oxx.com/thecoffeeboxx/

I don't know if I notice a difference with the spin brewer, but it is a hotter cup of coffee. We switched to Kirkland Bold (or something like that) and it's tasty. I'm not a coffee snob. I'll buy Hills Brothers if it's on sale! BTW, where in N. Texas? Raised in Mt. Pleasant and then 15 years in Pittsurg.

I don't know if I notice a difference with the spin brewer, but it is a hotter cup of coffee. We switched to Kirkland Bold (or something like that) and it's tasty. I'm not a coffee snob. I'll buy Hills Brothers if it's on sale! BTW, where in N. Texas? Raised in Mt. Pleasant and then 15 years in Pittsurg.

You were a bit West of me, I'm over in Denton County in what 15 years ago was a small farm town (population < 20k & in 2014 it was over 100k)... In just 15 years almost every farm has closed and been developed into housing. Honestly, I'm not sure how much longer I can afford to live here because the property taxes are insane - I'm seeing a 10-20% increase every year. (State caps it at 10%, but if the county keeps appraising higher it will continue to go up 10% EVERY YEAR!!)

Peets Major Dickason's Blend is good in the K-Cups. Also Caribou Blend. With those two blends I can't tell any difference between a "large" cup from a Keurig and the drip-coffee I used to brew. But Major Dickason's is my favorite.

Top Bottom