What's new

Kananga Water review discussion thread

I got the Kananga and Florida waters from an e-bay vendor. However, a Google search turns up numerous online vendors of these colognes, and they have a bunch of other magical potions/scents I've not experienced.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I get the feeling we can expect big things from Howard.

Nice review.

I respect Howard's opinion, but I will repeat what I said in the thread I inadvertently started in this forum, but will soften it somewhat so that I don't offend anyone

I recently acquired a bottle of Auga de Kananga and, simply put, this and the Don Dinero product by the same manufaturer are the worst colognes/EDTs I have ever had the misfortune of smelling.

I won't even try to decribe them beyond saying that both smelled to me like rancid cough syrup. I would not ever apply either of these products - even if I smelled like something that had been dead for 48 hours in the August heat.

I know these are cheap products ($4 for 7.5 ounces - I bought them blind from another member, so didn't pay full retail), but are in the same price range as Pinaud products and are more expensive than the Canadian Booster products (CAD$8 for 14 ounces), which all smell much better than these two Crusellas products. (FWIW, I had a female colleague take a whiff and she agreed - she is my opposite sex reality check for most of the a/s and edt products I buy.

I can't say anything about the other Crusella's scents, but to me, these were simply vile. I smelled them twice (the initial smell and then another one to confirm that they were as awful as I thought they were) and then consigned them to a sturdy recepticle that would be disposed of as soon as possible. Having done this, I feel that I have indeed made the world a better (or at least less smelly) place.

I know that this is a pretty strong review and that it is possible otherswill loves this stuff to the point where they take a daily bath in it. I mean no offence, and to each his own - everyone is free to wear whatever cologne they want, I just ask Howard or anyone who wears either of these products to do it as far away from me as possible!

Suzuki said:
I respect Howard's opinion, but I will repeat what I said in the thread I inadvertently started in this forum, but will soften it somewhat so that I don't offend anyone

I recently acquired a bottle of Auga de Kananga and, simply put, this and the Don Dinero product by the same manufaturer are the worst colognes/EDTs I have ever had the misfortune of smelling.

I won't even try to decribe them beyond saying that both smelled to me like rancid cough syrup. I would not ever apply either of these products - even if I smelled like something that had been dead for 48 hours in the August heat.

I know these are cheap products ($4 for 7.5 ounces - I bought them blind from another member, so didn't pay full retail), but are in the same price range as Pinaud products and are more expensive than the Canadian Booster products (CAD$8 for 14 ounces), which all smell much better than these two Crusellas products. (FWIW, I had a female colleague take a whiff and she agreed - she is my opposite sex reality check for most of the a/s and edt products I buy.

I can't say anything about the other Crusella's scents, but to me, these were simply vile. I smelled them twice (the initial smell and then another one to confirm that they were as awful as I thought they were) and then consigned them to a sturdy recepticle that would be disposed of as soon as possible. Having done this, I feel that I have indeed made the world a better (or at least less smelly) place.

I know that this is a pretty strong review and that it is possible otherswill loves this stuff to the point where they take a daily bath in it. I mean no offence, and to each his own - everyone is free to wear whatever cologne they want, I just ask Howard or anyone who wears either of these products to do it as far away from me as possible!

:lol:

But did you like them? :lol:

BTW- I agree with you - nasty stuff. That's what makes horse racing, as they say.

guenron said:
Hi Howard,
Where do you find your Crusellas colognes?

I'm not Howard, but I've seen a few of them at a local CVS. Only one location in the area I travel within carries them... :confused:

Suzuki said:
I..

Come now, perhaps if you were to give it a week's worth of daily wear it will turn comely to you?

:a38:

Consider though, that this might well be a viable weapon, indeed, when you are forced to meet with persons whom you find disagreeable.

-joedy

jfm said:
I'm not Howard, but I've seen a few of them at a local CVS. Only one location in the area I travel within carries them... :confused:

Given how they smell, I'm surprized you even know of one store who stocks these products!

Joedy said:
Come now, perhaps if you were to give it a week's worth of daily wear it will turn comely to you?

:a38:

Consider though, that this might well be a viable weapon, indeed, when you are forced to meet with persons whom you find disagreeable.

-joedy

Actually, after a week's worth of daily wear, I wouldn't mind - either the stench would have totally obliterated my sense of smell or I would have filled my nostrils with some form of industrial-strength caulking to prevent me doing more serious harm to myself.

As for the offensive use of these products - I think you may be on to something, as I think they must have been designed as some form of chemical weapon (perhaps the WMD Sadam supposedly had??). However, I think the use of these products in this manner would likely violate several provisions of the Geneva Convention!

jfm said:
Thanks Justin. I use their Agua Colonia Rosa everytime I use a rose soap or cream and really enjoy it. The Tabac is pretty good too. Not much on longevity, but I have a small atomizer in my desk drawer loaded for an afternoon refresher.:001_tongu

I was tempted to buy their Patchouli, there is a root included in the bottle. However, I’m not a brave man so CVS can keep the whole collection.

jfm said:
I was tempted to buy their Patchouli, there is a root included in the bottle. However, I’m not a brave man so CVS can keep the whole collection.
I like iit and have it on the right hand side of the basin, con la raíz! THe nice thing about (some?) of these scents is, they are light, bright, and inexpensive enough that you can afford to buy a bunch. They have two different sandalwoods, Sandalo and Oriental Sandalwood. By themselves, nothing too remarkable. When applied one on top of the other, it is really a soft, buy spicy sandalwood fragrance that you will enjoy. :tongue_sm
While I agree that it is easy to spend someone elses money, I do not feel too awfully bad at $4.00 or so a pop. Think of it as an experiment with an imported beer at the bar.:001_rolle

jfm said:
Just by the by, the Crusellas compares well to the Caswell and Massey Aura of Patchouli fragrance at about $23 less per bottle.

FWIW, even after the initial horrible impression of this brand's products, I would still try some of this company's products - but only on the recommendation of someone who seems to have decent taste in colognes. I have heard good things about the tabac.

I'm a big fan of the cheaper traditional products - every now and again you get a dog (or in my case two) - but sometimes you find something you really like (in my case, Clubman/and the Booster Aquarius knock off, among others).

guenron said:
Just by the by, the Crusellas compares well to the Caswell and Massey Aura of Patchouli fragrance at about $23 less per bottle.

Ron, do you find the CM offering to be a "True" patchouli scent?

Top Bottom